Position: Ruby on Rails application Developer
Job Location: Remote Opportunity
Duration: 12 months
Pay Rate: $63/hr
- This is a 12 month contract to update and expand an existing Ruby on Rails application and incorporate new features requested by the client.
- Work will include Front End development, Back End development, API development, and other development work to meet contract deliverables.
- We work closely with our customers, and candidates will be expected to participate remotely in weekly meetings to discuss requirements for new development and give demos of completed development.
- Works under general supervision and participates in the design and development of Internet systems.
- May work independently or as a part of a team.
- May coach more junior technical staff.
- Integrally involved in the development and support of an expanding suite of web applications and tools for our customers.
- This suite covers everything from a case management system, a Medicaid service tracking system, a Medicaid billing system, to new development for upcoming projects.
- Works closely with other IT groups and customers to define the system design and user interface based on customer needs and objectives.
- Participates in all phases of the development and implementation process.
- Ensures the integration of the web Servers and all other supporting systems by using message based Middleware and interfacing with relational databases.
- Be knowledgeable of best-practices for building secure web applications.
- Responsible for developing client-side Scripting and Server Side application code.
- Extensive knowledge in using programming languages.
- May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- JSON, COMMAND LINE, SSH, HAML, SCSS, ABILITY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY, CREATING TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION, PRIOR EXPERIENCE WORKING AS A REMOTE CONTRACTOR
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE PREFERRED
- Test-Driven Development, Command Line, SSH, HAML, SCSS, ability to work independently, creating technical documentation, prior experience working as a remote contractor.
Software Specialists, Inc