Job Page: Software Development Engineer II at Andover MA
|Listed By: ||
Software Specialists (via Jobg8) |
|Contact Name: ||
Rohini Korrapati, Agency |
| Job location: || Andover Massachusetts, USA|
| Job Type: || Contract|
| Info: || Ref: JS/73693198 I.T. & Communications|
This is Rohini with Software Specialists Inc., We have an immediate opening for Software Development Engineer II with our Direct client. If you are interested please reach me with your Updated Resume
Title: Software Development Engineer II
Duration: 13months + Contract
Location: Andover, MA 01810
- The Jr. level role (2-3 years exp) will be more maintenance and operational within the below spec. Machine Learning - they use RapidMiner
- Person has analytics chops, curiosity that generates questions along with solutions, and a good-natured sense of humor. You will contribute to multiple lines of work across supporting our global team. An ideal background includes knowledge of statistical inference/machine learning techniques and the ability to apply that breadth of tools to derive meaningful insights in the context of a dynamic, ever changing, business environment. Desire to collaboratively draw upon, and in turn contribute to the existing strengths of a rigorous analytical practice.
What will you do?
- You will be part of a team who is building a platform for reporting and analytics and moving towards advanced analytics plus predictive modelling
- Pull, wrangle, and model diverse data sources to drive actionable insights for our businesses and marketing efforts
- Give quantitatively informed direction to appreciative marketing and business strategists. Act as a guide who can operationalize ideas frameworks that informs action.
- Work towards automating your routine work processes. Work with engineering teams to realize efficiencies and operationalize your work.
- Contribute to the knowledge base and culture of the entire analytics organization
- Set up machine learning tools, environment and develop and execute complex algorithms
- What it takes
- Experience with statistical software or languages (eg, R, Python, Matlab)
- Familiarity with data access, manipulation tools such as SQL, preferably experience with tools like Spark and Hadoop
- Worked with Machine learning tools - eg Rapid Miner
- Familiarity with AWS and its features
- Deep interest in finding innovative solutions to diverse business problems using advanced statistical methods
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in math, statistics, quantitative sociology, economics, computer science or related STEM discipline.
- 2 to 3 years experience wrangling data, multivariate modelling, drawing conclusions and translating results into practical recommendations in either/or both business and academic settings
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau a plus, but not required
- Experience automating statistical algorithms in an online environment a plus, but not required.
- Experience managing disparate, and at times, unruly, data sources a plus
- You know what you know and know what you don't know. A thirst for knowledge and self-improvement.
Ability to meet established timelines. Comfort with phased work processes
Job number: 108241, Company id: 63111|
Posted: 02/21/2017   Last Updated: 02/27/2017
The Legal Disclaimer.