* Candidate must be willing to reside in the Cleveland area for the duration of the contract.*
* Contract is 6-12 months in duration.*
Our client is looking for a Progress Developer to work on a variety of projects for them.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge:
* Progress 4GL and OpenEdge DB - 5+ years programming in Progress 4GL. Character based User Interface development is preferred.
* Oracle or Equivalent SQL 2+ years working in with relational databases and writing SQL queries. This will be necessary to validate data between old/new systems running in parallel.
* Linux/Unix/Solaris - Technical experience working with Unix like operating system. Need to be able to maneuver through system, write scripts and perform necessary functions from the command prompt.
* XML Experience Need understanding of XML (tags, schemas, etc.). The transfer format for the data is XML.
* Analyst Skills - Strong communication, troubleshooting and documentation skills. Attention to detail is a must. A portion of the job will be reconciling data between the old and the newly developed system and need to account for any differences. This individual will need to be very strong analytically.
* Basic network - Need basic knowledge of network terminologies and how to connect to remote systems (TCP/IP, ssh, sftp).
* Other Languages - Knowledge of C++, Java, JSP, PHP and Perl is considered a plus, but not a requirement for the position