Title: IT Technical Analyst/Developer-PowerBuilder
Candidates do not have to be local but they must be able to fly themselves in for a f2f interview if strong interest is shown from a phone screen.
Duration: 6 months +
Number of Positions: 1
Years of experience: 7+ Years
Manager Notes: The manager needs this person to fill holes within his team. The highest priority hole to fill is for the Legacy RightAngle 3.2 application. This application uses Powerbuilder, SQL Stored Procedures and a SQL Database. Powerbuilder is key. Another priority is PL/SQL Stored Procedures. Candidate needs to know PL/SQL. Lastly, C++ is a plus. Job description is pretty accurate. Basically we need a good Powerbuilder Developer with a background in both SQL and PL/SQL. This role is primarily a support role. There will not be any new development. They will deal with users and fix problems.
Description of Work to be Performed or Key Results Areas expected:
This position requires an experienced IT technical analyst with strong skills, significant experience and aptitude in software development, system administration, and application support.
The candidate selected for this position may participate in activities normally associated with an IT analyst, developer, system administrator and/or system support role through the software development life cycle.
- Database: Oracle 11g
- Advanced SQL Scripting and utilization and modification, as well as creation of complex stored procedures and logical data queries with error handling.
- Strong aptitude for designing functional applications from interpretation of business requirements
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with the end-user to gain insight into application requirements
- 2 - 3 years of PowerBuilder (9.0 or higher) programming and PFC (PowerBuilder Foundation Classes) experience.
- 2 - 3 years of Java web development
- Oracle PL/SQL & SQL skills
- Knowledge of GUI standards
- Object Oriented Design methodologies
- Large scale business application development experience is preferred.
- Practical experience with UML,
- BA Tools & Techniques
- Superior Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Analytical Strength
- Attention to Detail
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Experience in the Gas industry is a plus
- PowerBuilder (9.0 or higher)
- Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
- JBoss AS 8 (Wildfly)
- Web server experience mandatory
- Oracle 9, 10
- SQL Plus
- PL/SQL Development
- Development platform, such as DB Visualizer or TOAD
- ESB/REST integration experience is preferred
- Windows Active Directory integration experience is helpful but not necessary