Serve in a Solution Architecture capacity at an Enterprise level. Work with all development teams, business verticals, strategic planning, and project intake to advise and deliver strong financial results. Construct a variety of artifacts to effectively communicate Enterprise level road maps and blue prints to variety of audiences. The Enterprise Solution Architect role is focused on the realization of transformational business enablement through technology and process simplification. This role requires consistently strong presentation skills while serving as an effective change agent with both the business and IT. The Enterprise Solution Architect is responsible and accountable for the development of tactical and strategic solutions that deliver on customers vision while working within the framework of established standards. Finally, this position significantly contributes to exploring broad options of new technologies to remain several steps ahead of business needs.
- Makes critical decisions that define a specific direction for a system in terms of implementation, operational performance, scalability, usability, fit for purpose, and maintenance.
- Determines level of effort and rough costs for recommended solution approaches.
- Identifies project non-functional requirements and ensures that delivered solution will meet all service level requirements.
- Drives progress between applications development and business architecture teams.
- Develops broad business and technical “ecosystem” knowledge for multiple domains to ensure solutions meet business requirements and overall quality standards.
- Ensures solution architecture stays on course with the overall program and the long-term vision of the entire suite of software-based solutions.
- Creates and distributes tailored views of solution designs to appropriate stakeholders at appropriate intervals and at appropriate detail.
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into detailed software design documentation.
- Follows solutions through completion in the SDLC process working closely with the PMO and Solutions Development teams.
- Manages the creation and maintenance of updated documentation on business systems, related processes, applications and solutions including process flows, use cases, functional specifications, traceability matrices, wire frames etc.
- Guides cross-functional resources to identify root cause of system and operational issues, analyze data and recommend solutions.
- Abstracts the complexity of a system into a manageable model that describes the essence of a system by exposing important details and significant constraints.
- Maintains control over the solutions development lifecycle parallel to the project's software and development lifecycle.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong experience in Retail, Warehouse Management, End-to-End Logistics, and Supply Chain.
- Minimum (10) years’ experience in a variety of IT architecture roles with TCO accountability.
- Minimum (5+) years’ experience in solutions/software development.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in performing a Solution Architecture role for large and complex solutions, including multiple industries and across several disciplines, as well as master of a variety of platforms including centralized, distributed and mobile.
- Experience with the following domain areas are helpful:
- Broad and deep understanding of databases, data architecture, master data management, ETL, ESB, BPM;
- Experience in design/modeling tools, prototyping, and User Experience design
- Depth in OO development, Java/C#, Linux shells/scripting, SQL;
- Depth in Integration: SOA, batch, multiplatform, sensitive data, high availability, recovery, queues, exception management;
- Depth in high performance highly available large scale systems and tuning;
- Depth in negative testing approaches;
- Depth in off-premises compute services (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS);
- Unstructured data processing (Hadoop, EMR, Python, R) a plus;
- Able to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Set quantifiable objectives that encapsulate quality attributes of solution architecture including cohesion, completeness, elegance, equivalence, hierarchy, modularity, and vision.
- Able to multi-task with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Must be self-motivated, independent, resourceful and a demonstrated leader who is capable of being objective and giving/taking constructive feedback.
- Experienced and skilled user of office productivity tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written) and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts using strong presentation skills
Must be a US Citizen or have your Green Card.