1 year contract for a CSS Designer/Developer/Application Delivery Role:
*Please do not reply if you do not have Customer/1 (Custom Utility Software) and Utility Experience. (Client Server or MF versions)
Candidates must be able to work hourly on a w2 only! Local candidates preferred.
This position is a member of the CSS Application Delivery team.
The person filling this role will be responsible for providing application design and development within the CSS (Customer/1) application. The planned projects being targeted are either a Meter Data Management integration effort or a new program called Fixed Bill.
This Application Delivery role includes:
Analysis and documentation of business requirements
Project Estimation Software program design and development Development of design and process documentation
Development and execution of test plans, scripts, and procedures
Basic (Must Have) Qualifications: Experience with Utility Customer/1 application (Client Server or Mainframe versions)
- Experience with the Electric Utility industry
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field/experience
- Minimum of five years of experience (in application support and development)
- Experience in Cobol/DB2/CICS development Ability to write and modify SQL statements
- Thorough knowledge of application development life cycle, including programming experience
- Experience in supporting end users with use of technology and applications
- Experience in troubleshooting IT application problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team player that works well with others Ability to meet project deadlines Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with Meter Data Management (MDM) and AMI meters
- Experience with Rates/Tariffs and regulatory programs
Ability to work independently on tasks/projects with limited management oversight Ability to present information on technically complex subjects in an understandable manner in both oral and written form to business clients
Customer/1 Business Testing/Analysis resources are also needed in addition to Design & Development