Job Page: Senior Java Developer
|Listed By: ||
Precision System Design, Inc. (via Jobg8) |
|Contact Name: ||
Precision System Design, Inc., Agency |
| Job location: || Omaha Nebraska, USA|
| Job Type: || Contract|
| Info: || Ref: JS3374CJX I.T. & Communications|
Duration: 4 months Not Specified
|Our direct client is looking for a senior Java Developer for a 4 month renewable contract. Desired skills include experience with J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, Server Side Java, REST services, SQL Server (or other relational database), etc. Experience with WebSphere, GEB, Spock, Gradle, and Agile development methodology is a plus. |
The role will include:
- Lead the evaluation of user requests or design specifications for new or modified application functionality and estimate efforts required.
- Analyze, design, code, test, document, implement and maintain application changes.
- Lead the effort to provide technical support to system owners as well as other information technology groups to help ensure effectiveness of information technology systems in enabling Northern Natural Gas customers to conduct day-to-day businesses. The support includes, but is not limited to, answering customer questions, interpreting system functionalities, completing data requests, making emergency fixes and performing other critical support functions.
- Lead the effort to collaborate with end users to analyze and develop business requirements for business application enhancements and problem resolutions.
- Provide guidance and direction to team members as necessary in the completion of assigned projects.
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested or assigned
Knowledge of the gas industry is a plus.
Experience with project methodologies including project management tools, estimating, and documentation of requirements, use cases and test plans.
Effective oral and written communications skills, including presentation, training and interpersonal skills.
Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
Six years or more of demonstrated experience with JAVA development using J2EE, JSPs, Hibernate and Spring to build web applications
Three years or more of demonstrated experience with XML, Eclipse and/or SUN JAVA compiler is preferred; WebSphere Studio Application Developer or Rational Application Developer preferred. Exposure to Unified process and familiarity with UML and Use Cases is required.
Three years or more of demonstrated experience with experience using Microsoft SQL Server or other relational database for developing stored procedures.
Experience in identifying, analysing/resolving related performance issues is a plus.
Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Project Server and Microsoft SharePoint Services is a plus. Manager is looking for Sr. level experience. Candidates should be able to pass their technical screenings; Object Oriented, Java, Front End, spring & hibernation related questions.
Describe concepts/programming concepts in depth.
Requires 2+ years of Hibernate. Requires experience with unit tests and functional end to end testing of applications.
Experience with WebSphere a plus.
Experience with GEB and/or Spock a plus.
Experience with Gradle a plus. Experience with Agile development methodologies a plus.
Overtime: straight time
Job number: 108801, Company id: 63111|
The Legal Disclaimer.