We are looking for a hands-on, agile, and result-oriented Senior System Administrator for a client engagement. If you are available and interested, or know someone else who may be looking, please contact me at Career@MicroAgility.com
Title: Senior System Administrator
Location: Sacramento, CA
Type: FTE, W2
Duration: Full Time
Job ID: 0303-001SA
As the Senior Systems Administrator, you will work in and manage complex cloud applications & platforms for production and development environments. These environments consist of CampusVue (primary), Docusign, Qualtrics, Replicon, ExpenseWire, Twilio, and any additional cloud applications and platforms that are added in the future. In addition, you will assist on medium to large size cloud-related projects, and interact with many constituencies to develop cloud solutions for business problems. You will assist developers with the design of objects, relationships, and managed/unmanaged Salesforce.com packages. You will work independently to ensure that the cloud applications are operating efficiently and effectively maintained.
- Be responsible for the management of the company’s primary software (CampusVue) which maintains all of its students (including potential students in the application process) data.
- Work with the Development and Business Systems teams on applications & platform upgrades, implementation of application maintenance enhancements as well as monitoring/communication of new releases per application or platform.
- Work closely with the Development and Business Systems teams during defect resolution.
- Work with Development team to implement change management for custom code migrated into production environments. You will confirms proper functionality of implemented custom code within the production environment.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Refresh QA/Development/Test environments on a scheduled basis.
- Work with the team to identify common functionality in CampusVue environments that can be packaged and distributed.
- Assist the development team to implement optimized packages in production environments.
- Assist in the management of a catalog of application capabilities that will be shared with all institutions.
- Standardize and maintain cloud-based security in all applications.
- Researches, plans, and performs upgrades, application of bug fixes, and the implementation of security policies.
- Work with cross functional groups on projects, enhancements, and defect resolution.
- Maintain knowledge base to improve maintenance and reliability.
- Publish Development/Implementation activities and schedules for applications and platforms.
- Follow defined processes/procedures for complex data loads and transformations into production cloud environments.
- Perform high level trouble-shooting of development and production systems independently.
- Maintain metrics for enterprise monitoring.
- Report on license utilization across all applications and platforms
- Provides support for the training development team on new/advancing capabilities, and provide ongoing support of these processes/procedures to help build the knowledge of other administrators.
- Provide 24-hour on-call support for problem analysis and resolution to system problems on a rotational basis.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- Advanced experience with CampusVue required
- Experience with data sharing between applications
- Preferred experience:
- Campus Logic, Velocify, Canvas preferred.
- Experience working with VirtualizedCloud based Windows Servers
- Experience working with Citrix Farms
- Experience with SSRS and/or Crystal reports
- Experience with SQL and writing SQL Queries
- Experience with TSQL and SQL Server
- Strong candidates will have experience with SSIS
- Strong candidates will have experience with SSO products (OKTA preferred)
- Appropriate certifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Information Technology working with applications
- Experience with enterprise project work
- Experience with Salesforce.com managed and unmanaged packages
- Experience with managing multiple cloud environments and creating back-ups and refreshes
- Experience supporting ERP Systems
- Proven track record in managing and tuning large volume cloud applications
- Experience with integrations and troubleshooting defects
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and evolving technical environment
- Excellent oral/written communications skills
- Ability to discuss technical issues with non-technical audiences
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Information Technology, or comparable Technical discipline preferred.