Job Page: Senior Software Engineer (FAE)
|Listed By: ||
The Job Jobber (via Jobg8) |
|Contact Name: ||
, Agency |
| Job location: || Novi Michigan, USA|
| Job Type: || Contract|
| Info: || Ref: JS24614501 I.T. & Communications|
Not Specified 40 to 55 US Dollar . USD Annual
Sr. Software Engineer (FAE)
Farmington Hills, MI
Summary of the Sr. Software Engineer (FAE) Position:
Our client is well known for the development of advanced technology for power train, hybrid, stability controls, and other systems. To join their growing team of software engineers, they are seeking an Embedded Software Field Applications Engineer on contract basis. This Engineer will be supporting them in managing their software integration and troubleshoot activities. You will be responsible for presenting the driver software to the customer and troubleshoot the issues during integration. You will also design Embedded software as necessary to support the design team, with typical deliverable being test software, Embedded reprogramming kernels, instrumentation measurement/calibration device drivers, etc.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Software Engineer (FAE):
- Provide support in all the phases of software development life cycle which includes requirements, design, coding, verification, and validation.
- Release and troubleshoot software issues to the customer sites
- Document root cause analysis activities and monitor their progress to successful conclusion
- Use of breakpoints, watch windows, and program trace techniques for debugging software .
- Reprogram Flash memory with various debug interfaces such as Aurora, Nexus, JTAG, DAP
Qualifications of the Sr. Software Engineer (FAE):
- BS in EE/CECE with 5+ years in Embedded software development in automotive environment.
- Strong knowledge of Embedded software languages such as C and Assembly along with automotive component and vehicle test test procedures.
- Experience in EMI/EMC testing, design specifications, software documentation,validation and test procedure is required.
- Experience with CAN interface tools, debuggers, and emulation tools.
- Experience with Freescale PowerPC (MPC56xx/57xx) and Infineon Aurix (TC2xx) microprocessors.
- Experience in ETAS or ATI calibration tools along with Real Time OS kernels will be preferred.
- Knowledge of version control tools such as PVCS, CVS, SVN, CM Synergy, Rational ClearCase, etc
- Familiarity with measurement & test equipment tools such as oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, current probes, function generators.
- Experience on serial communication tools such as CANalyzer or VehicleSpy
- Must be able to travel for to Europe, US and Japan
This is an open-ended contract position with the ability to go direct in the future.
Compensation of the Sr. Software Engineer (FAE): $40-55/hr
Location: Detroit Area
Travel: Some international
Salary Range: $40-55/hr W2
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Knowledge in the following area will be helpful - "Field Application Engineer", FAE, "software integration", " Embedded software design", "electrical circuits", " vehicle powertrain systems", ANSI, PVCS, CVS, SVN, CM Synergy, "Rational ClearCase", breakpoints, "watch windows", "program trace", Aurora, Nexus, JTAG, DAP, CANalyzer, VehicleSpy, ETAS INCA, ATI, ADC, PWM, GPIO, "timer modules", SPI, SCI, LIN, CAN-FD, SENT, DMA, " Real Time operating systems", RTOS, programming, EMI, EMC, " electronic control systems", Freescale
Job number: 108882, Company id: 63111|
The Legal Disclaimer.