Job Page: Firmware Developer
|Listed By: ||
iStaff (via Jobg8) |
|Contact Name: ||
Jerimiah Sliter, Agency |
| Job location: || Cumming Georgia, USA|
| Job Type: || Contract|
| Info: || Ref: JS/78931086 I.T. & Communications|
Duration: 24 months Not Specified 50 to 55 US Dollar . USD Hourly
Location: Cumming, GA
Long Term Contract: 24 Months
We're looking for a Firmware Developer for a large project that could last up to 24 months.
Embedded systems firmware specialist to assist with large re-architecting and porting project. Creates system level design documents and works under limited supervision using advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances. Writes well-structured and well-commented source code capable of being sustained long-term by other developers.
Must Haves in Order of Importance:
- Extensive Embedded C development experience
- Extensive experience with Embedded RTOS
- Experience with industrial interface protocols (TCP, UDP, Modbus)
- Experience with PLC and industrial controls
- Design documentation (including source code commentary) to company coding standards.
- Analyzes, re-structures and ports exiting source code base to new code base.
- Interacts with other teamers as necessary
- BS in Computer Science is required
- Ten (10) years minimum recent experience in structured programming under C language is required
- Five (5) years minimum recent experience with RTOS for Embedded products is required
- Experience with Mentor Nucleus RTOS is a plus
- Experience with Metrowerks CodeWarrior is a plus
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers is a plus
- Experience with Embedded systems for the industrial automation market is a plus
- Proficiency in low-level languages (eg Assembler, ladder-logic, Machine-code) is a plus
- Understanding of microprocessors and associated architectures (Address/Data buses, Memory addressing and management, peripheral connections, programming instruction sets) is required
- Proficiency with Windows O/S environment is required
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments (IDE) is strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of peripheral interfaces including:
- Serial communication hardware including RS232/485, USB, Ethernet, etc
- Serial interface Protocols including industrial standards such as MODBus, TCP, UDP, etc
- OSI basic reference model (ISO/IEC 7498-1), 7-layer stack
Job number: 108904, Company id: 63111|
Posted: 09/05/2017   Last Updated: 09/11/2017
The Legal Disclaimer.