We are looking for a hands-on, agile, and result-oriented Project Management Office (PMO) for a client engagement in the Utilities industry. If you are available and interested, or know someone else who may be looking, please contact me at Career@MicroAgility.com
Title: Project Management Office (PMO)
Location: Hartford, CT
Type: Contract, C2C & W2
Rate: $85 to 90 /hour on C2C | $75 to 78 /hour on W2
Duration: Long Term
Job ID: 0505-001PMO
The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven ability to collaborate and coordinate activities with diverse groups, including stakeholders, sponsors, team leads, other project managers, and technical staff; a strong process orientation including producing high quality documentation artifacts; and a sound working understanding of IT concepts and the IT design & delivery life cycle.
The successful candidate also will demonstrate the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization from administrative and technical staff to executive Steering Committees, and also the ability to plan and execute Organizational Change Management to ensure that the technical solution delivered is fully accepted and used, and provides solid business value.
- initiating and chartering projects; managing scope, changes and ensuring product quality; managing all aspects of project execution including creating and tracking to cost, schedule and scope baselines; developing and managing to run rates; managing risks and issues; providing clear and accurate weekly and monthly project reporting and forecasting; delivering projects to production using readiness assessment, sign-off and project close-out techniques; and acting as a champion to foster a positive project work environment, identify and resolve project related problems, and successfully lead the team to accomplish all the project objectives in the allotted time and budget constraints.
- Must be able to work with project managers, business SME’s, IT SMEs and vendors.
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- Must be proficient in all aspects of the project management Body of Knowledge.
- Experience with the Microsoft Project is required
- Must be a high energy, detail oriented individual who will demonstrate: high caliber communication, leadership and people skills; strong organizational skills; and the ability to successfully initiate, track, report and close projects.
- Must be able to demonstration leadership and excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to be able to manage multiple projects.