Location: Cumming, GA
Long Term Contract: 24 Months
We're looking for a DEVELOPER that has had minimum 5 years' RECENT experience in a DEVELOPMENT role under the JAVA environment. Secondarily, we'd like to see some experience also in the Embedded world. We also want someone with WEB development and GUI design skills.
We are not looking for someone that has been a manager, or IT personnel, or those that are primarily Embedded developers. Experience with PLC's, controllers, industrial, or mechanical will be highly considered.
The Software Developer will design, program and maintain JAVA based code for our Productivity Series Integrated Development Environment. Full life cycle application development and maintenance. Participate in product definition, specification and requirements analysis, working with Product Managers, Product Engineers and others in the development organization.
- Design, code, test and document new applications or feature enhancements to existing applications in JAVA environment
- Apply Object Oriented Design principles and adhere to appropriate standards and accepted practice
- Document, design and write source code as needed
- Minimum of 5 years of recent related experience required
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent required
- Thorough understanding of Personal Computers (Memory, Storage, Processors, etc.) is required
- Proficient in Object-Oriented and Visual programming languages (eg C++/C#, Java, VB, etc.) required
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments (IDE) and GUI design is required
- Experience in low-level languages (eg Assembler, ladder, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with Windows and/or Apple O/S application development is a plus.
- Proficiency with internationalization and localization issues (language support, etc.) is desirable.
- Proficiency with industrial data communications is desirable.
- Ability to program resource-limited Embedded controllers with C' and RTOS is a plus.