We are looking for a hands-on, agile, and result-oriented Network Analyst for a client engagement in the Retail industry. If you are available and interested, or know someone else who may be looking, please contact me at Career@MicroAgility.com
Title: Network Analyst
Location: Houston, Texas Area
Employment Type: Full Time role
Rate: $80k to $85k
Job ID: 0316-001NA
The Network Analyst is responsible for designing, installing and troubleshooting network systems (including wireless and VoIP) to meet the functional objectives of the business. This role is involved with the configuration and maintenance of physical and logical network components. The Network Analyst will assist in the design of the network architecture, designs the network infrastructure, and plans and designs LAN/WAN/wireless/VoIP solutions. They will perform capacity and resource planning, assessing network risks and contingency planning. This role is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of network management software; researching, analyzing and implementing software patches or hardware changes to fix any network deficiencies. The Network Analyst provides Tier 2 support and is involved in the evaluation of new products and services, may manage vendor service level agreements.
- Monitors, troubleshoots and maintains network (LAN, WAN, wireless and VoIP) multiplexers, hubs and routers, and uses remote monitoring tools.
- Install new workstations and other devices, adding and removing individuals from the list of authorized users, archiving files, overseeing password protection and other security measures, monitoring usage of shared resources, and handling malfunctioning equipment.
- Selects, develops, integrates and implements network management applications for Internet components.
- Participation and contribution to the overall strategy, design and documentation of networks
- Implement Local Area Networks, including development of configurations based upon overall strategy and design document.
- Implement Wide Area Networks, including development of configurations based upon overall strategy and design document.
- Implement Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN), including development of configurations based upon overall strategy and design document.
- Provide assistance to other business areas as required to accomplish business goals reliant on network support.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving for network and application issues.
- Configure and assist with implementation of network hardware, including routers, switches, VoIP equipment, WLAN equipment, security appliances, etc.
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in design, implementation, and troubleshooting networks – involving many nodes of various types (e.g., routers, firewalls, switches, etc).
- 3+ years of MPLS, QoS, VOIP experience
- PCI compliance experience preferred
- CCIE or CCNP preferred
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to and from customer sites (able to expense mileage and commute).
- Demonstrates ability and desire to learn Corporate, Division, and Facility-specific applications, technology, and terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively make decisions to prioritize tasks and allocate time given evolving business priorities
- Ability to work in a multi-office environment and willingness to travel to other offices as required.