Selenium QA Engineer
Contact: 732-655-8900 Extn 1032
§ 6+ years of extensive experience as a Quality Analyst in Manual testing and Automation
testing. Have good domain knowledge of Banking, Pharma, & Insurance.
§ Extensive understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing LifeCycle with emphasis on manual and automated testing.
§ Well versed with Testing concepts, Testing methodologies and Testing Process.
§ Expert in using different automation testing tools like Selenium, Quick Test Professional
(QTP), Java & Cucumber.
§ Good experience in XML technologies like XSD and parsers like SAX and DOM.
§ Proficient in performing Regression Testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, FunctionalTesting (Manual and Automation), Performance Testing (Load and Stress).
§ Proficient in understanding and analyzing BRD, FRD and URD’s, and drafting test cases and test scripts.
§ Well acquainted with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
§ Extensive experience in creating Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Scripts/Cases, Test Execution, Defect reporting/management, Test Summary Reports and Requirements Traceability Matrix(RTM)..
§ Experience in build tools such as Maven and Ant.
§ Experience in testing Web based applications, have good experience in Selenium IDE ,automating test cases using Selenium2 (Webdriver using Java & Selenium RC) & Grid
§ Expertise in version control systems like Subversion (SVN)and issue tracking tool such as JIRA.
§ Domain expertise in Retail online.
§ Experience in implementation of Real Time Credit Card Authorization, credit and debit Fraud Check, PayPal Integration and fulfillment of online orders, international shipping and production support.
§ Good knowledge of spring framework (Spring Core, Spring IOC, Spring MVC, Spring DAO).
§ Hands on expertise in Project Development and Management - System analysis, requirement gathering, design and development and development and execution of test cases.
Selenium IDE, Selenium, WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JUnit, TestNG, Firebug, Eclipse, Ant, Quality Center/ALM, Jenkins, Cucumber, Appium.
Defect/Bug Tracking Tools
JIRA, ALM/Quality Center.
Version Control and Cloud
MS SQL , Oracle, MySQL
Java, SQL, PL/SQL
2005 Bachelors in B.com, Sardar Patel University India.
Bachelor Degree Program in Electronics & Communication Engineering from Xaviers International University, India. From Year 2005-2008 (Distance Education)
1 Year PG-Diploma course in Software Testing from Amplify Mindware, Pune From Year 2005-2006.
Capital One, Richmond, Virginia (April-2013-Dec 2015)
· Responsible for understanding Testing Scope, estimating efforts, defining test Approach, Strategy, Test Entrance & Exit Criteria and Defect Management Strategy
· Performed browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows/Linux) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment
· Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, Maven..
· Developed Hybrid automation framework in Java by using Page Objects framework, Keyword Driven & Data Driven . Automated running smoke tests and build report generator for daily builds.
· Developed and maintained continues Integration and automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and Jenkins.
· Performed Defect Tracking & Management in JIRA. Generated automated daily reports using JIRA API.
· Worked effectively with Developers, AGILE Team, Project Management to achieve Selenium automation, high quality, release deadlines and QA processes improvements.
· Writing new enhancement functionalities in Java & Cucumber as per Capital One standards.
Environment: Java, Selenium XSF, Firebug, Firepath, HTML, SQL developer, Quality Center 11.5,
Selective Insurance Inc (Jan 2012 – Mar 2013)
Personal Line Insurance Migration
Personal line is a web-based application used by Selective agents to write policies. The application provides real-time quote and issue, including real-time ordering of insurance score, motor vehicle and clue reports, as well as the generation of quote proposals. This application performs following:
– Issue New Policy
– Renew Policies
– Rate Policies
– Cancellation of Policies
· Responsible for defining Testing Scope, Approach, Strategy, Test Entrance and Exit Criteria and Defect Management Strategy
· Responsible for GUI and Functional Testing using Black Box Testing Techniques.
· Reviewing & Analyzing Test scripts and Cross Team interaction and RTM Preparation.
· Enhanced Test cases using java Programming feature and TestNG Annotations.
· Identifying the Bugs and Interacting with the Development team to fix it
· Performed automated testing using Selenium WebDriver & Java TestNG on various applications like Enrolment, claim and billing Management.
· Executed Automation test script against the functional specifications
· Execution of test scenarios, analyzing the actual results against the expected results on different web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) and platforms (Windows, Linux)
· Involvement in automation Environment setup using Eclipse, Java, Selenium WebDriver, Java Language bindings and TestNG jars.
· Worked on Keyword Hybrid Framework.
Environment: Java, J2EE, TestNG, Selenium IDE & WebDriver, Eclipse, Bugzilla, HTML, SQL Server 2005/2008
Verizon, Silver Spring, MD (Jan 2010 -Oct 2011)
· Created Test Plan and the strategy documents and Participated in Code walk-troughs.
· Understood the requirements and identify different test scenarios.
· Coordinated with the functional team to make sure that all the functionalities were covered, all the evidences were proper.
· Performed GUI, Functionality, Security, Integration, Regression, Back-end and Usability Testing.
· Used Quality center for writing the test cases.
· Performed manual testing using Quality center.
· Involved in executing the test cases in Quality center.
· Involved in tracking and maintaining defects using Quality Center.
· Involved in reporting defects using Quality Center.
· Extensively used Quality Center for Manual and Automation Scripts execution, Result analysis and Defect reporting.
· Provided support to different teams like UAT and Production.
· Involved in preparing status reports and attending daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings to update the automation status, challenges and efforts.
Environment: HP Quality Center, Oracle, UNIX, Windows, MS Office.
Cellhill, Inc. Brooklyn, NY (April 2008 – Dec 2009)
Job profile & Accomplishment
● Helped develop advanced E-Commerce web site in Agile Environment
● Created and maintained robust test plans and test cases for both web and mobile projects
● End-to-end testing of e-commerce site; tested Front and Back end functionality.
● Back-end testing of admin management console, real-time order processing, customer account management, order history, sales tracking.
● Tested API systems with PayPal and Authorize.net
● Developed bug reporting; Created Test Plans; Executed Regression and Cross Browser Testing on daily bases;
● Worked with HP Quality Center (QC);
● Tested SQL database;