33 Fairview Ave
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Res.: (905) 771-7794
Bus.: (416) 876-7794
Consultant / Q.A. Analyst
Strong background in development, conversion ,data integration, software testing. Contributes to a project success through her insightful and logical approach. Demonstrated abilities include precise analysis and quick, accurate trouble-shooting. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Highlights of Qualification
· Software development, installation and maintenance
· Data Conversion: Procedural, Functional and Data Impact Analysis
· Experience testing client/server applications
· Proven knowledge of various testing methodologies (Y2K, GUI, Object Oriented)
· Software testing with automated testing tools: "SQA Suite 6.1" ,"WinRunner 4.01”
· Testing E-commerce/Internet Applications
· Working knowledge of operating systems: Windows 3.1/95/98/NT, MS-DOS 6.2 ,HP-UX on HP9000, UNISYS
· Software: MS Office( MS EXCEL, MS Access, MS Power Point , MS WORD), , Microsoft Project 98, SAS for Windows
· Programming languages and databases: VB6, Access 97, Oracle 8, COBOL, FORTRAN, TSL, SQA BASIC, VB Script, JAVA SCRIPT, HTML, SQL, SQL SERVER, TODAY-ADE (4GL) programming
· Tools: Crystal Report, SQL PLUS
· Internet: Front Page Express, InterDev
· Technologies: ASP, ADO, OLEDB, DAO, ODBC, ACTIVE-X
Languages and Tools: Structured COBOL, 1100 EXECUTIVE CONTROL LANGUAGE (ECL), DMS 1100, DPS (Display Processing System), DML, SDP (Screen Definition Processor), QLP (Query Language Processor), ORACLE RELATIONAL DATABASE, SQL*PLUS, SQL*REPORT WRITER, SQL FORMS, DATA MODELING, UNIX (HP-UX on HP9000), HP-UX fundamentals, TODAY-ADE (4GL), Time Line (Project Management), MS ACCESS, VB5, VB6, C++, MS EXCEL, VISIO, SAS for Windows, "SQA Suite 6.1" and "WinRunner 4.01", RSW e-Test Suite, HTML.
Computer ITA Academy
The Software Quality Assurance Tester Certificate
The E-commerce Application Testing Certificate
PREGATE INSTITUTE OF COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY
COBOL (IBM 370-168),PL-1,FORTRAN, Business Programming and Analysis
SOUTHERN ALBERTA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY.
UNIVERSITY of CHERNOVTSY, UKRAINE
Masters Degree in Mathematics.
Jan, 2000 - Present
Data-Quest Software Development
E-Commerce analyst/QA Analyst
· Client-Server applications (VB6, ORACLE, Access, SQL Server,SQL)
· Regression testing: manual and automated testing tools (WinRunner 4.01), Rational, SQA Suite, RSW(E-test suite)
· Examine application integrity through boundary and population testing
· Developed and implemented test procedures and test cases based on user requirements and design specifications
· Conducted acceptance testing with simulated production environment
· Participated in all phases of software life cycle
· Generated test plans and scenarios
· Participated in verification, validation and acceptance testing
· Performed GUI testing
· E-Commerce/Internet Development (Front Page Express, InterDev, HTML, ADO, DAO, ODBC, ACTIVE-X, ASP)
· JAVA Script, VB Script
· E-testing/Load Testing
June 1998-Jan 2000
TORONTO HYDRO-ELECTRIC COMMISSION
Business Analyst / Consultant
Conversion project: Migration to client server environment and Oracle BIS.
· Equipment: HP-UX on HP9000
· Responsible for supporting the various complex components of the Material Management system and Financial systems.
· Conducted regression testing on new versions of MMS components using automated testing tool SQA Suite 6.1
· Took a major role in designing a Conversion strategy, Test plans and providing the test data and the conversion data for the migration to Oracle Financials.
· Designed Test Procedures for ORACLE FINANCIAL Applications ( navigation & user interface verification for User Documentation).
· Provided the PROCEDURAL GAP analysis, Data conversion analysis, and functional requirement analysis.
· Successfully conducted interviews and presentations with major user groups like Engineering, Treasury, Inventory, and Purchasing to discuss options for archiving historical data.
· Downloaded data from the Legacy system to the MICROSOFT ACCESS DATABASES for Historical Data Storage.
· Archived Toronto Hydro HR/Payroll DB2 data consisting of 586 tables into the SAS for Windows Environment for the Historical Data Storage. Monitor the Project progress with VISIO and Microsoft Project 98 Timeline charts.
· Tested all conversion Programs and created a Bug reporting DATABASE in Microsoft Access Environment.
· Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills in resolving software problems: this resulted in having the system up and running in a timely and efficient manner, proving to be cost-effective.
· Showed strong leadership skills in making decisions and recommendations regarding system support issues.
1988 - April 1998
NORTH YORK HYDRO ELECTRIC COMMISION
Senior Programmer Analyst
Management Support System
TODAY-ADE, INFORMIX, ORACLE, VB
Equipment: HP-UX on HP9000
Responsible for implementing, enhancing and supporting the Management Support System (MSS).This highly integrated system includes Financial, Project Management, Budgets, Payroll and Materials Management. Provide technical support and training to company wide Accounting, Inventory(warehouses) and Engineering departments users.
· Assisted the users with the software package selection. Reviewed the vendor responses, conducted Interviews, checked references and recommended vendor of choice.
· Prepared the request for information. (RFI) and Request for proposal (RFP).
· With careful project and resource management implemented the MSS SYSTEMS right on schedule. By utilizing the Data Modeling tools created DATA Flow Diagrams, Entities Relationships diagram Operational Procedures Diagram. Analyzed Batch and On-line processes.
· Developed Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test cases based on the functional design. Prepared the comprehensive plan for Q/A testing and paralleling resulting in extremely reliable systems with very few computing errors.
· Delivered effective orientation and training sessions for MMS system users(engineering, stores, purchasing and accounting departments).
· Designed and planned a Year-2000 conversion methodology for MMS. As a result this project was well ahead of schedule.
· Delivered and implemented the TD PAYLINK system (P.C. package for Payroll System) on time.
· Set up the Quality Assurance test plan for PAYROLL System testing. Created Testing Strategies, test plans, test cases according to ANSI/IEEE 829-1983.
· Fully integrated PAYLINK with existing Mainframe GENERAL LEDGER system and TIME SHEETS system.
· Developed Data conversion programs. Performed integrated System testing.
· Set up a Quality Assurance / User Training team to ensure a smooth rollout of the Oracle Customer Information System.
· Ensured the high quality standards of the in-house programs and acted as quality controller for consultants. Developed test cases for on-line processes.
· Wrote Shell scripts Added/Updated user profiles. Supported User Activities using Double Vision software for UNIX system.
· Assisted users in utilizing the TIME LINE project management system for Budgeting and scheduling purposes.
1985 – 1988
NORTH YORK HYDRO ELECTRIC COMMISION
Customer Information System
Structured COBOL, DMS, ECL
Equipment: 1100-60 Sperry Univac
Lead a team of programmers to implement Deposits and Contracts, Instrument Transformers and Meters systems as a part of a large on-line and batch Customer Information System of 140,000 North York Hydro customers. Provided system training and support for new IT recruits. Created programming standards for Application Quality Assurance program to ensure that in-house written codes are well designed, written and tested.
· Tested Application modules were completed and delivered on time.
· Maintained the test Data Base Files integrity (DMS).
· Defined screens and reports. Coded and tested COBOL programs for batch and on-line applications.
· Provided Quality Assurance testing for the following systems: Meter Inventory, Transformers, Deposits and Contracts, Instrument Transformers (COBOL programs).
· Developed programming standards for programmers to use in their COBOL programs and ECL job streams.
· Developed Water Heaters data entry system to populate a large Database of 35000 water heaters. Trained the users and co-ordinate the data-entries.
· By demonstrating good analytical skills in CIC, subsequently received newer and more challenging role to pioneer the newly formed Management Support System.
1981 – 1984
CALGARY CO-OP MAIN OFFICE
Payroll & Billing system
COBOL, DMS, JCL
Equipment: 1100 Sperry Univac
Designed ON-LINE transactions for Payroll, Bad Cheques, and Membership systems. Converted programs from UNIVAC 90/30 to UNISYS 1100/60.
Memberships / Associations
TASSQ: Toronto Association of Systems & Software Quality
Additional Contact information is available on the Information Page.
Software Contractors' Guild (www.scguild.com)
Copyright(c) 1995 - 2000 Tsilya Nudelman and Software Contractors' Guild, Post Office Box 257,Nottingham, NH USA 03290-0257