Resume of Edwin F. Reed
SUMMARY: Information Systems Specialist with expertise in
Oracle database and development tools and utilities, system design, coding,
testing, documentation, and training. Strengths include self-starter,
responsible, technical leader, Oracle Certified in SQL and PL/SQL. Experienced
Software Developer in Banking, Telecommunications (Contact Center Support
Applications, Billing Support), Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care,
- Software Analysis and Development:
- Specializing in Oracle Tools since 1985, used Oracle versions 4 thru 10g
(22 years), SQL*Plus (22 years), PL/SQL (15 years),
TOAD (7 years), Forms 2.3 thru 6i (11 years), SQL*Loader (20
years), Reports 3.0 & 6i (2 years),
SQL*ReportWriter (3 years).
- Extensive experience developing Packages (PL/SQL),
Procedures, Functions, and Database Triggers.
- Designed and maintained tables, views, and indexes.
- Experienced in Full Life-cycle Development: Requirements Analysis,
Design, Programming, Implementation, Testing, and
Production Maintenance of Information systems.
- Successfully developed database systems using Relational and Hierarchical
- Varying levels of expertise with UNIX, Windows 95/98/NT/XP, VAX VMS,
ReflectionX, MS Visual SourceSafe, Pure Atria ClearCase, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Adept at quickly adjusting to new environments (tools, operating systems,
- Skilled at working independently with minimal supervision, and in close
support of Developers, DBAs, and clients.
- Experienced in many industries: Banking, Telecommunications, Aircraft
Maintenance, Semiconductors, Health Care, Manufacturing, Nuclear Electric
Power, Food Processing and Distribution, Software Consulting, Marketing Support,
- Jan/2003 - Aug/2010 Consultant
(Wachovia Bank/Wells Fargo,
Charlotte NC) Created new procedures, packages, functions, triggers, tables, views, scripts and SQL*Loader scripts for the RM Tools system, consisting of a Java front-end and an Oracle Data Mart backend. Modified existing database objects and scripts to meet changed system requirements. Created new database objects and scripts as part of the customized ETL process. Provided customized Business Intelligence data and tools for analysts and the user community. Worked closely with business analysts, project lead, and other developers. Used Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g, and 11g, TOAD V10.1, Lotus Notes, MS Office tools, ClearCase.
- Aug/2001 - Sep/2002 Consultant
Charlotte, NC Worked closely with DBAs, Developers, and clients to design,
implement, document, support, and maintain CABS Billing Operations and TEOCO systems, using TOAD V7, Oracle Forms V5 & 6i, Oracle Reports V3 & 6i, Oracle 8i/9i, MS Access.
- Aug/2000 - Feb/2001 Consultant
Pensacola, FL) Maintain and
support the SOLO system (T34 & T44 aircraft maintenance) for Naval Aviation
with Oracle Reports 3, Forms/Menus 5, and PL/SQL stored Packages/Procedures/Functions, using SQL Navigator V4 and Oracle 8.1.5.
- Apr/00 - Jun/00 Consultant
Developed WebServer Application for on-line help system using Oracle Designer 6,
- 1996 - Mar/00 Vanguard Cellular Systems Inc.,
(now AT&T Wireless Services)
Greensboro, North Carolina -
Staff Software Developer Contact Center Support Application (CRM)
- 1993 - 1996 Consultant
(City of Austin Electric Utility Dept.,
Integrated Genetics, Teleflex,
Hargray Info Systems Intl, Teleflex)
Purchasing and Inventory System, Labratory
Management System, Cellular Rating System, International Telephone OSS,
Cellular Billing System
- 1992 - 1993 PPD Pharmaco, Austin, Texas -
Software Development Manager
- 1977 - 1992 Consultant
(GE Nuclear Energy Business Group,
Bull HN, Emtek Health Care Systems,
Motorola, City of Austin) Nuclear Program Control System, Honeywell Manufacturing
System enhancements, Shop Floor Control System, Shop Time and Attendance System,
Patient Care System configuration
- 1974 - 1977 Adpac Inc., San Francisco, California - Senior Analyst
of Deposit System, Student Loan System design
Member number: 6178
Additional Contact information is available on the
Software Contractors' Guild
Copyright(c) 1999 Software Contractors' Guild,
Post Office Box 257,Nottingham, NH USA 03290-0257