_______________________ THOMAS R. BARTZ _______________________
OBJECTIVE: Software Engineer / Consultant
Available: April 1, 2009
· Demonstrated capability in providing all functions of systems analyst, software development, software maintenance or systems support.
· Excellent problem solving and debug skills; enjoy pursuing problems.
Demonstrated programming/development capabilities in MS
Visual Basic (including VB.Net), SQL,
· Thorough understanding of real-time computer systems (including the asynchronous events involved), interfaces between systems, and interactions of systems with processes under control.
· Experienced with Windows XP, Windows 2000 and UNIX.
· Developed system and software customer support program highly regarded by customers in providing competent and responsive assistance.
· Exhibited proven versatility in adapting to new situations and new environments. Keen interest in learning new systems, technologies and concepts.
· Take ownership of assignments, goal oriented, trusted to work without direct supervision and accustomed to telecommuting to client systems/sites. Team player highly respected both for technical skills and as leader by clients, peers and subordinates.
Magna Cum Laude, Math with Physics minor,
Contract to SemGroupLP, SemMaterials Division – 1/2007 to Current
Maintained proprietary accounting/sales/inventory/receipt software system programmed using languages PL/SQL, Centura Gupta, C, COBOL, UNIX scripting & MS Access, all interfaced with a large Oracle databases. Heavy usage of Oracle SQL was required for maintenance and manipulation of databases and special reports, used tools SQLdetective & SQL*Plus. Developed SSIS interface moving data from Oracle database to MS SQL Server database. Responsible for retrieving and applying updates to ADP Taxware & TaxSolver packages.
Contract Application Development for Freedom Financial Strategies, Inc. - Current
Approaching completion of large application developed with
Contract to ConocoPhillips, Marketing Technology - 9/1998 to 10/2006
Contract to GE Plastics for Y2K and Batch Control Language Problem - 1998
Y2K corrections were applied to system software of distributed control system according to GE Plastics requirements. A runtime problem was isolated in batch control language causing process control computer to crash. Fix of this problem was implemented in the C based system source code. Client complimented the completed work which achieved improved stability in the plant control system.
Independent Investment Advisor – 2 years
Individuals were counseled with respect to investment and insurance needs. Various mutual funds and insurance products were sold to individuals.
Applied Automation, Inc., Manufacturer of Automation Equipment for Process Industries -
1980 to 1997
TECHNICAL SUPPORT MANAGER, CUSTOMER SERVICES – 8 years.
Working manager assigned responsible for resolving systems problems involving both hardware and software across all product lines. Supervise group of analysts providing phone consultation and problem solutions to customers. Products covered are distributed control systems using MC68000 and MC68030 processors with DEC VAX host, process control host system using Concurrent 3200 series processors, automated process chromatograph measurement systems, and natural gas well head flow measurement systems. Established reputation as providing responsive and competent support compared to vendors of similar systems. I personally provided majority of support of distributed control system customer sites and technical support for those maintaining software and hardware and developing control applications for distributed control systems. Played instrumental role in moving distributed control product through initial release eventually established as reliable system. Extensive DEC VAX experience was gained during this and previous position. Expertise was often consulted by process control engineers for advice on taking best advantage of capabilities of control systems.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST, TECHNICAL SERVICES - 4 years
For Process Control Systems
Division, was responsible for supporting distributed control systems and
process control host systems. This
included support of
SENIOR SYSTEMS ANALYST, RESEARCH
Designed and developed software for process control systems. Software developed was system level functions and utilities. Established reputation for debugging subtle problems and was depended on by other team members for this function.
SOFTWARE SPECIALIST, PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS DIVISION
Assigned to project team with responsibilities to configure and customize process control systems to customer requirements. In this position, I had total responsibility for both software and applications on some systems, such as pipeline control and power plant optimization.