Round Rock, TX 78681
Test Planning and Execution
Test Tools Development & Automation – Definition, planning, and implementation
Software test from unit level to system level
Product testing of software for systems, subsystems, and embedded systems
Project & Personnel Management
QA Processes – Analysis, definition, and implementation
Establish Test & QA Infrastructure
Technologies: .NET, J2EE, N-Tiered, Client-server, Object-oriented, Embedded Systems & Software, Distributed, Drivers, Various Operating Systems, Middleware, ETL, Data Warehousing, WS-I, WS-Security, SOAP, REST
Various IDE's & Languages: Eclipse & plug-ins, Visual Studio, Java, XML/XSLT/XPath, SQL, C, C++, C#, VB
Scripting Tools: Python, PERL, Shell
Automation Tools: Software Testing Automation Framework (STAF), OpenSTA, QuickTest Professional, LoadRunner, Expect, Visual Test, Bugzilla Test Runner, SilkTest, Solex
Other Tools: SpecWeb, WebBench, RequisitePro, Micromuse NetCool
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, Access, SQL Server, DB2, Embedded
Web Servers: Apache, IIS, Jetty
App Servers: IIS, JBoss, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat
Methodologies: MSF, XP, Iterative, Spiral, Waterfall, RAD, RUP
QA Standards: ISO, CMM, IEEE, Aerospace & Defense, ITIL
QA Tools: Bugzilla, Quality Center/Test Director, StarTeam, Remedy, TeamConnect, CVS, VSS, PVCS, Ghost, Crystal Reports, MS Project, Document Management System
Test Plans and Test Procedures
· Develop Test Plans and Test Procedures for a diverse set of computer products and software applications:
o XML/XSLT acceleration appliance in J2EE environment including web services, applications, drivers, and platform
o Network monitoring and reporting software in .NET and Oracle 9i environment including data collection, storage, warehousing, and reporting
o Data streaming server appliance & applications including RealServer, Windows MediaServer, Apache, ftp & nfs servers.
o SQL-based, embedded Relational database product
o Servers and Server storage components, drivers, system applications, and OS’s
o Line of Notebook computers including platform, drivers, applications, BIOS, and OS’s
o Subcontractor testing efforts including test requirements, test plans, and contract requirements
o Various software applications for IT, Engineering, and Manufacturing
· Develop test scenarios and test cases covering products from unit level to system level.
· Types of testing include unit, module, integration, system, white box, black box, load, performance, functional, reliability, compatibility, interoperability, standards, data driven testing.
Ron DiPronio Page 2
· Utilize Use Cases, UML, entity relationship diagrams, schemas, MRDs, System Specs, Design Specs, Standards, and other documents to develop test plans, scenarios, and test cases.
· Ensure products have adequate test coverage through comprehensive test planning, analysis, and engineering.
Test Tools and Automation
· Develop tool requirements and manage development of:
o Test Harness tool written in Python to automate load and performance testing of web services and XML/XSL platform
o Reboot tool written in VB tool to automate system power cycling testing
o Stress test tool written in Perl to automate testing of system
o Reliability test tool with shell scripts to automate longevity testing of system availability
o Automation rig written in Java to support regression testing
o GUI and Web test tools using WinRunner to automate functional testing
o Command line test tool using Expect to automate command line testing
· Various tools and scripts for functional, load, performance, and reliability testing.
· Generate test cases using various Eclipse tools and plug-ins.
· Application software and database development for IS solutions for system and software testing, test automation, and quality systems.
· Evaluate/utilize proprietary and open source test and automation tools.
· Configure test setups & environments, and perform test execution of:
o Java Web Services using REST & SOAP
o XML/XSL/XPath functional and conformance
o Portal application and portal reports using .NET, Oracle 8i/9i, XML/XSL, WebLogic, Apache, IIS, & an ETL server
o Remote network monitoring including SNMP, ICMP, PerfMon, & WMI protocols
o User Acceptance Testing for platforms and applications
o Supply chain management application baseline tests
o Diagnostic software and a real-time OS used for equipment control
o Black box and white box testing levels for appliances, servers, notebooks, and application software
o Product installation/configuration, functionality, and compatibility
o Various applications, databases, drivers, and OS’s
o Oracle-based radiation exposure/monitoring application
· Establish, staff, and manage software and system test groups for small, medium, and large companies:
o Startup company developing an XML accelerator appliance for web services
o Startup company developing a Linux-based multiprocessor appliance distributed processing server for data center and edge applications
o Small company developing a SQL-based, embedded Relational database product
o Large computer company developing a new portable computer product line; Successful launch & market acceptance resulted in over 4B$ in sales of product line
o Aerospace company developing Space Station hardware/software including crew monitoring products & an Integration & Test Facility for NASA
o Large defense company developing flight, ground, and test software for real-time processing, control, and communications projects
· Principal Consultant and Owner of Round Rock Systems Test.
Ron DiPronio Page 3
· Forecast/manage labor and capital equipment budgets for small, medium, and multi-year projects and products.
· Manage mid-sized (20+) Test & QA groups including personnel reviews, compensation, hiring, & coaching.
· Develop & manage testing schedules, milestones, and deliverables working with Development and Marketing.
· Manage test strategy, planning, execution, defect collection & reporting, QA and test metrics, resolving issues, and servicing customer issues.
· Manage resources and risks to support multiple product development efforts in dynamic and changing environments.
· Lead design and build-out of Test Labs for development and test groups.
· Project Manage offshore, outsourced test projects for clients including Customer interface for technical and project planning & execution, and Test teams interface to ensure test results & deliverables.
· Develop & manage technical contracts and subcontracts.
· Define/implement QA plans, processes, and procedures in structured and unstructured environments.
· Gather product requirements, and conduct/participate in design reviews & program reviews.
· Participate in various Design & Development methodologies for commercial, aerospace, and defense software products & systems.
· Evaluate/install/implement/utilize defect systems and software CM products such as Bugzilla, StarTeam, Remedy, CVS, and Visual SourceSafe.
· Manage/perform WHQL certification of server storage products.
· Liaison and management of offshore OEM test efforts for development of new portable computer product; Meet with domestic & international partners for design reviews, and resolution of test problems and project issues.
· Develop approaches, methods, and techniques to measure/assess/ensure the quality of software and ability to meet NASA, DOD, ISO, SEI/CMM, and other standards and methodologies.
· Work with major subcontractors for government programs providing oversight, support & assessment of software quality, CM, & deliverables.
· Develop/teach software development practices & methodologies, and Software QA courses.
· Develop testing articles and guidelines.
Round Rock Systems Test Consultant
Surgient Networks Technical Management
Pervasive Software Technical Management
Compaq Computer Technical Management & Test Engineering
McDonnel Douglas Technical Management & QA Test Engineering
General Electric Technical Management & Test Engineering
Union College MS in Computer Science
SUNY at Buffalo BS in Electrical Engineering