Dresden, Sachsen, Germany
July 2009-September 2009
Senior SAP ABAP programmer, providing senior level technical skills for GlobalFoundries, an Advanced Micro Devices subsidiary. This short-term Netweaver ECC 6.0 project allowed many areas of expertise to be sharpened. Client placed major end-to-end responsibility for reliability of several important business processes, with critical-path importance to the work being done. Responsibilities included:
- Enhancement to WM, MM and SD programs including delivery programs, inventory reports, workflows programs, SAPScripts, and Smartforms.
- Discover and repair many programs with Unicode issues and other problems due to upgraded ECC 6.0 environment and SLO process.
- Enhancement and verification of many HR programs including benefit calculation, organization structure downloads, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) validation for contractors, and external interfaces for ADP processing
- Enhancement to several plant maintenance programs (PM), including programs to modify service life for refurbished equipment.
Diverse tasks include anything lacking from SLA that would prevent a smooth and successful go-live of SAP-generated SLO instances in late September. Environment consisted of separate ECC, HRM and SCM instances. SAP access was through Citrix XenApp clients in this highly-secure workplace.
US Medical Materiel Command Europe (USAMMCE)
Pirmasens, Rhineland-Pfalz, Germany
November 2007 - October 2008
Senior SAP ABAP programmer, providing senior level technical skills for public sector end client USAMMCE through SAP-managed project out of Walldorf, Germany. Primarily worked with WM team to define and create many specialized solutions for the unique business needs of end client working in an ECC 6.0 Netweaver environment. Responsibilities included:
- Develop and implement with functional team several enhancements involving the WM module, including customizing many transfer order user exits;
- Developed customized Goods Receipt front-end transaction for maximum leverage of Cross-Docking utilization;
- Developed MM enhancement to allow multiple fixed bins per material;
- Developed Quality Control messaging subsystem allowing system wide visibility to quality issues with vendor materials;
- Extensive object-oriented ALV programming by designing custom WM data views;
- Customized Pickwave processing including event-driven creation of follow-up transfer orders through the use of Class Builder to design and implement Global Classes;
- Customized Transfer posting transaction to detect soon-to-expire product;
- Customized Transfer Label development using Smartforms
- Customization of WM module required for testing included: storage type control for strategies, storage type definition, storage bin types, storage unit types and storage type search.
Project language was English. Client required applicable work and residence permits from host nation, and a security clearance was required for this contract.
Central Garden and Pet, Inc. (CGP)
June 2007 - October 2007
Senior SAP ABAP programmer, providing senior level technical skills for Central Garden and Pet, a high-performing distribution company that innovates, markets and produces quality branded products., with $1.38B in sales in the US. This five-month assignment allowed increased exposure to the logistical execution and warehouse components of MM in an ECC 5.0 SAP Netweaver environment.
- Develop and implement with functional team several RF transactions with multiple screens. Transactions involved customized Storage Unit technology, and were written for both wide and narrow formats.
- Enhancements to Forecast-to-Stock reports including selection by material classification in a forecast report
- Smartforms development of three Handling Unit labels for pallets for Zebra printer
- Wrote conversion exits for domain LENUM (handling unit)
- Customized user exit for VOFM (Requirements and Formulas for SD Pricing) to include PRO number from delivery on handling units
- LSMW mappings modification for Routings Conversion program
- Modification of main login screen (SAPMSYST) to allow for narrow format RF guns
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
San Diego, CA.
December 2006 - May 2007
Technical resource for a conversion project, providing senior level technical skills for this system solution and technical services company, with $7.8B in sales and 44K employees worldwide. This five month assignment allowed increased exposure to the supplier (vendor) components of MM in a 4.7C SAP environment. Among the achievements:
- Develop and implement with functional team all conversion programs to initially load vendor master and purchase order transaction data required for project. Complex SAPNOTE research.
- Develop and implement complex ME22 automated process with purchase order allocation process.
Hewlett-Packard's Equipment Management and Remarketing Division (EMR)
Mountain View, CA.
June 2000 - October 2006
Technical team lead for conversion project, later as technical support lead, providing leadership and senior level technical skills for the North American and Asia-Pacific implementation of SAP R/3 for HP's EMR division, an $800 million division of Hewlett-Packard devoted to sales of consigned and refurbished equipment (Renew). This six-year assignment allowed increased exposure to a wide range of SAP modules, and developed and strengthened existing skills. Among the achievements:
- Develop and implement with functional team all conversion programs to initially load master and transaction data required for project.
- Directly responsible for the design and implementation of custom BAPIs to allow front-end system direct access to SAP business documents. This includes development of the business object, and their associated function modules, or methods.
- Two separate implementations of WM, including one implementation of WM with RF scan-guns, with direct and sole responsibility for the technical aspects of the project, including hardware, and software (SAPConsole), plus changes to WM scangun programs.
- Repairs to SAP objects (dynpros, menus, module pools, user exits) to implement customized requirements for purchase orders and sales orders. Also created customized objects for serial number maintenance and other transactional processes.
- Directly responsible as ALE administrator for all configuration and technical aspects of all ALE or EDI interfaces to SAP system. Implemented workflow (WF) and was directly responsible for all configurations and technical aspects of workflow. This included: new process codes, new function modules, new IDOC types, as well as implementing standard IDOC message types for sales orders, purchase orders, deliveries, invoices, goods movement and production orders.
- Development, debug, testing of new SAPScript layout sets and programs, including customized invoicing and bill of material forms.
- Develop and support an interface with other infrastructure SAP clients via RFC to maintain global warranty information.
- Develop and support interfaces for the global sales order management system into SAP.
San Rafael, CA.
January 2000 - June 2000
EDI/ALE/Workflow technical consultant, responsible for providing senior level technical services for worldwide reimplementation project for Autodesk, the world's largest supplier of engineering software products. Directly responsible for many phases of major upgrade of SAP from 3.1H to 4.5B. Accomplishments:
- Complete configuration of EDI and ALE modules incorporating SD output determination and cross-application components.
- Complete installation and configuration of Mercator Enterprise Edition for R/3 on a Sun Solaris 4.7 system.
- Complete configuration of Workflow for R/3 including development of PDORG and verification of workitems flows and error handling.
- Design, development and implementation of ITS interface between SAP and web-based software registration application using ALE/EDI and Mercator mapping tools.
- Conversion of transactional data including Sales Orders using extensive ALE configuration and customization.
- Modified or created several function modules for ALE subsystem interface for transactional loads between legacy system and new SAP system.
- Created or modified several user exits to add custom functionality to SAP system. Solely responsible for ALE configuration of Distribution Model for Global Network.
Vitality Foodservice, Inc.
April 1999 - January 2000
Technical team lead for ABAP team, responsible for providing leadership and technical expertise for Vitality Foodservice, Inc. the nation's second largest supplier of non-carbonated beverages to commercial institutions in the US.
- Extensive customization and configuration of EDI subsystem and IDOC types for inbound invoices (810) and outbound purchase orders (875) due to client's business processes and trading partners.
- Complete installation and configuration of business workflow as necessary for inbound IDOC processing from business partners.
- Wrote RFC-enabled interface for company-to-company SD data. These changes required detailed understanding of SAP's IDOC and EDI subsystems.
- Wrote several ABAP/4 programs and function modules for loading legacy data from/to IBM AS400 system. Programs included material master and vendor master loads and payroll interface.
- Modified existing SAPscript for Customer Invoices and US and Canadian AP checks, customizing to end-user specifications.
- Modifications to SD module include custom online transaction with screens and menus, and customization of Delivery Due List program and tables to add user specified fields.
- As team lead, participated in strategy meetings and acted a liaison between client and third party implementers, Arthur Andersen Consulting.
- Project was implemented on-schedule and under-budget.
Technical Lead for conversion project, responsible for providing leadership and technical expertise for Holland Hitch, a manufacturer of truck and farm components. Wrote ABAP/4 programs and function modules for dataloads of legacy data from UNISYS based platform to Intel/NT based platform. These dataload programs were call-transaction based, utilizing session method. The programs created, by module, were
Holland, MI & Wylie, TX.
September 1998 - March 1999
Participated in mapping sessions with functional consultants and clients to facilitate accurate dataload structures. Substantial use of correction-transport system. Creative solutions for complex business problems were provided due to unique client requirements. Demonstrated ability to work closely with both client and functional team, many times acting as focal point and solution provider for cross-application challenges. Used Microsoft Office products as 'helper' tools for conversions. Researched application anomalies through use of OSS notes. Analysis/debug and modification of customer modified SAPScript forms. Extensive use of custom structures in Data Dictionary. Project was implemented on-schedule and on budget.
- FI - AR Invoices, GL Balances
- SD - Customer Master, Customer-Material Info, Pricing Conditions, Customer Credit
- MM/PP - Goods Issue (Inventory Balances), Material BOMs, Routings, Material Master, Vendor Master, Product Hierarchy
Telinor Telefonia S de RL (merged with Axtel, SA de CV)
Consultant Analyst for project, responsible for technical expertise for Telinor, a Mexican regional telecommunications provider. Wrote ABAP/4 programs and function modules for interfaces to several external systems. These interface programs were call-transaction and BDC based, utilizing session and batch method. The programs created, by module, were
Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
September 1998 - December 1998
Creative solutions for complex business problems were provided, due to unique client requirements. Coordinated with functional teams and provided SAP technical expertise as to most efficient method to deliver interface solution. Wrote RFC code on SAP side, to allow Visual Basic interface on GUI side. Used Microsoft Office products as 'helper' tools for conversions. Moderate use of correction and transport system.
- FI - Billing and Payroll
- AA - Fixed Assets (create and update)
- MM - Material reservations (create and delete), availability checks, purchase order interfaces, Goods Receipt, Goods Issue
Technical Lead for project, responsible for all technical expertise for Speedfam, a manufacturer of electronic tools and supplies. Wrote ABAP/4 programs and function modules for dataloads of legacy data, as well as interfaces to several external systems. These programs were call-transaction and BDC based, utilizing session and batch method. The programs created, by module, were
May 1998 - August 1998
Worked closely with client, who performed the legacy extracts, and functional experts from HP, who provided application configuration. The implementation of this project was never delayed, due to the close work of all project teams. Project was also completed under budget.
- FI - Accounts Master, Customer AR Invoices, Lockbox, Check Reconciliation
- CO - Budgets
- SM - Functional Locations, Equipment BOMs
- SD - Customer Master, Pricing Conditions , Customer Credit, Customer Partners, Open Sales Orders
- PP - Goods Issues (Inventory)
- MM - Material Master, Material BOMs, Vendor Master, Material Classification, Material Info Recs, Open Purchase Orders
- QM - Inspection Characteristics, Inspection Plans, Q-Info Records
Seiko Instruments, Inc
Consultant Analyst for project, responsible for all technical expertise for Seiko Instruments, a distributor of finished computer products. Responsible for establishing a conversion project plan using SAP's batch dataload tools. Prepared documentation, cutover plan, and interviewed and instructed customer on SAP batch loader methods and issues. Legacy data pool was small; client wanted guidance and support for data conversions only. Prepared mapping session documents, and acted as facilitator in mapping sessions between functional consultants and client legacy data owners. Trained client's technical staff on the use of batch loaders, data formats, and timing factors.
May 1998 - July 1998
Grupo Maseca, S.A. de C.V. (GRUMA)
Consultant Analyst for project, responsible for SD technical expertise for GRUMA, a Mexican national distributor of finished and semi-finished corn and wheat products. Wrote ABAP/4 programs and function modules for interfaces to transfer sales and customer information to/from external hand-held microcomputers. These interface programs were call-transaction and BDC based, utilizing session and batch method. The programs created, by module, were
Monterrey, Mexico and Phoenix, AZ.
November 1997 - April 1998
Responsible for coordinating interface efforts and working closely with client to establish and refine business rules and procedures. Responsible for coordination of cutover plan to new system's sales and distribution areas. Several OSS notes were applied. Wrote UNIX shell scripts for data transfers between hand-helds and UNIX systems.
- SD - pricing conditions, standard and non-standard sales orders, and customer master interfaces.
Bosch Braking Systems, Inc.
Consultant Analyst for project, responsible for technical expertise for Bosch Braking Systems, a manufacturer of track and automobile components. Wrote ABAP/4 programs and function modules for dataloads and interfaces. These programs were call-transaction and BDC based, utilizing session and batch method. The programs created, by module, were
South Bend, IN.
September 1997 - November 1997
Worked closely with HP functional consultants to provide most cost-effective method of providing interfaces/dataloads. Led mapping sessions with functional consultants and clients to facilitate rapid program development. Documented business processes and trained end users on the execution of interface processes. Project was completed on time.
- FI - General Ledger accounts and balances dataload, and General Ledger interfaces for payroll accounting
- SD - Schedule Agreements, Open Releases and Pricing Conditions dataloads
- MM - Purchasing Info Records, Inventory and Purchase Order dataloads
North American Biologicals, Inc (NABI)
Consultant Analyst for project, responsible for technical expertise for NABI, a manufacturer and distributor of biological products. Wrote ABAP/4 programs and function modules for dataloads and interfaces. These programs were call-transaction and BDC based, utilizing session and batch method. The programs created, by module, were
Boca Raton, FL.
March 1997 - September 1997
Designed interfaces to external systems as well as creating, implementing, and debugging them. External systems were barcode scanners, plasma collection systems, payroll and HR. Led mapping sessions with functional consultants and clients to facilitate rapid program development. Responsible for writing Oracle scripts that would extract information from external systems for interface to SAP. Wrote Visual FoxPro programs for extracting legacy fixed asset data into SAP, also wrote SAP fixed asset load program. Documented business processes for client, and trained users to use the interfaces/dataloads. Wrote EDI interfaces programs in Mercator for transfer to Sterling software, which did the electronic transfers. Wrote many UNIX shell scripts to facilitate data transfer between systems.
- SD - Deliveries, standard orders, change standard orders, planned Orders interfaces, Customer Master dataload
- MM - Inventory load (Other Goods Issue), Goods (plant-to-plant) transfers, Mass Material Reclassification interface
- QM - Plasma Unit Test interface
- FI - GL Balances Load, Payroll Ledger interface, Fixed Assets dataload, AR balances dataload
- EDI - EDI invoicing (810) and PO Acknowledgements (855) using Mercator mapping tools.
Technical Lead for SD/MM/PP aspects of conversion project for Owens-Corning, a multi-national manufacturer of finished and semi-finished fiberglass and asphalt products. Responsible for the logistics and project planning for converting client's legacy data from a dozen data sources to serial data files for input by batch loader programs. Extensive use of 'mapping documents' as conversion roadmaps. Responsible for the following areas of the conversion effort, by module:
April 1996 - March 1997
Some extract programs written with Mercator, some in COBOL. Project was completed on time and under-budget. Wrote PERL scripts to drive data-extraction process on HP/UX platforms.
- SD - Customer Master. All of Owens Corning's customers for all US plants were converted to SAP.
- PP - Vendor Master. All of Owens Corning's vendors for all US plants.
- FI - Open AR. All receivables had to be converted and then reconciled before project go-live.
All prior non-SAP IT experience omitted. Please inquire if you require this information.
Training and certifications
- SAP Partner Academy, July-August 1995. Waltham, MA. ABAP/4 certified consultant.
- Technical Topics in HR, March 1999, release 4.0, certified.
- CA210 - EDI Interface, June 1999, Waltham, MA Release 4.5, certified.
- BC621 - SAP IDOC Interface Development, June 1999 Waltham, MA release 4.5, certified.
- University of South Florida, BS in Biology March 1980.
- Naples High School. National Honor Society, magna cum laude, 1976.