Versatile senior IT professional with more than 12 years of experience in many aspects of software development: project management, planning; software design, development; testing and quality assurance. Last 9 years spent consulting Wachovia Corporation in Charlotte, NC on financial industry related projects: commercial lending and CRM, fixed income securities trading, call center support, ecommerce, residential mortgage pre-qualification and online retail banking.
Most Notable Achievements
- Implemented several important features in Fixed Income Trading System at Wachovia Securities (Corporate Investment Bank).
- Implemented several key online applications and frameworks for Wachovia Bank's general and commercial branches including:
- Mortgage prequalification application on www.wachovia.com;
- An enterprise-standard web application framework that significantly lowered online application development costs;
- Created a library for easy access to the bank's mainframe applications from Java based on COBOL copybooks;
- Workflow application for handling commercial loan collateral release;
- CRM application for bank's commercial relationship managers.
- Since the project's inception lead and managed a team of IT professionals designing and developing a successful software product MagicDraw UML. Used for aiding in design and development of complex software solutions the tool has captured a significant following among IT professionals, who voted MagicDraw UML to be the best Java Modeling Tool.
- Managed implementation of several successful outsourcing projects at No Magic, Inc.
- Software architect
- Senior project manager
- Project manager
- Senior software developer
- Software developer
- Software development mentor
- OOD and OOP instructor
Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, AIX, Linux.
J2EE, J2SE, J2ME, JMS, Servlets, Messaging, Struts, Swing, AWT, Java Security, JDBC, CORBA, Eclipse SWT and JFace, Hibernate, Jakarta Commons, .NET, IBM MQSeries, Tibco
Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Access
UML, Booch, Object Oriented Design Patterns
WSAD/RAD, Eclipse, NetBeans, Visual Studio, Visual SourceSafe, WebSphere, Weblogic, iPlanet, Apache, Tomcat, RSA JSafe, Rational Rose, MagicDraw, Xerces, Xalan, CVS, SubVersion, SCCS, JUnit, Ant, MS Office, MS Project, MagicDraw UML, Vignette Story Server, IIS, Flashline, AntHill.
- Financial: commercial lending, mortgages, fixed income trading, CRM;
- Software product development;
- Software outsourcing;
- Semiconductor manufacturing.
Additional Contact information is available on the Information Page.
Software Contractors' Guild (www.scguild.com)
Copyright(c) 1995 - 2006 Faustas Zilinskas and Software Contractors' Guild,
3 Country Club Dr., #303, Manchester, NH USA 03102