Hopewell Junction, New York 12533 | Green Card Holder
Contact: 732-655-8900 Extn 1032
· 7 years of Industry experience as a Business Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications, Application Design.
· Diverse experience in Financial Services and Insurance.
· Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and Testing various methodologies.
· Expertise in Project Management i.e. Project Scoping, Planning, Estimating, Scheduling, Organizing, Directing, Controlling, Budgeting and Drafting Remedy Procedures.
· Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
· Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP, Waterfall and Agile.
· Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
· Extensive experience in developing Use Cases, creating Screen Mockups, conducting Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis.
· Facilitated Change Management across entire process from Project conceptualization to Testing through Project Delivery, Software Development and Implementation Management in diverse Business and Technical Environments.
· Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project
· Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of a Project are in Compliance with the Business Requirements.
· Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases. Expertise in designing and developing Test Plans and Test Scripts.
· Interface with clients from Operations, Marketing, Sales, Technologies, and Outside Vendors and act as their customer interface point as the lead of the Projects.
· Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities.
Role: Business Analyst
Flagstar Bank is a Michigan based financial institution that provides residential mortgages throughout the country and also provides banking services for customers in Michigan, Indiana and Georgia through retail bank branches. Additionally the bank provides consumer and commercial banking services to its existing customers thought the country. I worked as analyst assisting implementation of LPS (Lender Process Services /MSP (Mortgage Services Platform). I worked with Financial Functionality stream as well as General Ledger Interface stream. This project was about how loan service platform will work after customization of MSP.
· Prepared Business Process Models that include modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
· Worked closely with the Project Manager to plan how the work can be broken down into logical
Components to facilitate focused and efficient requirements gathering
· Participated in daily Agile Scrum & quota; Stand-up& quote, Biweekly Sprint Planning and Retrospective Sessions and update the team on status of upcoming User Stories.
· Use of Requisite Pro to document requirements, associate change requests with requirements and
· Facilitated business requirements gathering sessions (JAD sessions) with the client, and overlooked the creation of Use Cases/Activity Diagrams and Functional Specifications using Visio
• Performed feasibility study and risk analysis to identify the most critical requirements from the user perspective
• Conducted one-on- one meetings with the project SMEs (in person or by phone) to gather the
• Assisted Project Manager and provided regular project communications to the project manager
And business areas
• Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams (State diagrams) using Vision and forwarded them to stakeholders to review
• Used IBM Rational Requisite Pro to manage a requirements traceability matrix, made in MS Visio
• Provided post-implementation support for the new web application used by the clients.
Role: Business Analyst
GHI contracted with the Medicare Centers and Medicaid Services (CMS) to provide quick, easy, and affordable access to the health care service of their choice. Market Prominence™ is the only system that provides management with the ability to tailor each step of the regulatory process based on the health plan's interactions with each of its beneficiaries. Project involves integrating Market Prominence and the Claims processing System with the data warehouse to support the reporting requirements. My duties were included designing the model of ODS to automate and maintain the ETL process
· Gathered high-level requirement for all the external projects in a release.
· Involved in Risk Assessment for each project.
· Facilitated JAD sessions with SMEs and business analysts from other feeder systems for a detailed analysis and a better understanding of impact of various projects on each other.
· Negotiated with teams from projects to decide if modules should be implemented independently.
· Gathered requirements for business process flow and on screen flow for wizards driven products from products SME's and Sales people and created Requirements documents to implement in Pega PRPC.
· Created Business Rules Document and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
· Communicate with Customer Service on ACORD Forms design and other technical problems
· Used SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies like the Agile, RUP and the waterfall.
· Created functional requirement documents for the impacting projects
· Performed criteria table updates for each project.
· Develop Logical and Physical data models that capture current state/future state data elements and data flows using Erwin.
· Updated the impacted MS Access tables.
· Worked extensively with MS Excel and MS access
· Developed test plans with QA team and helped to develop test cases for system testing, Integration testing and performance testing.
· Assigned tasks among development team, monitored and tracked progress of project following Agile methodology.
· Analysis of business requirements and system requirements of the client and also for Property and casualty modules
· Facilitated and led JAD sessions aimed at functional requirement walkthroughs for all the impacting projects and updated the documents based on recommendations (if any).
· Created UAT plans with several test cases for each project to ensure that the system runs smoothly after the proposed enhancements or changes have been made.
· Reviewed test results and coordinated with testing and development team to correct the issues.
· Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects/resources
· Analyze business requirements and segregated them into Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagram according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
· Responsible for preparing Business Requirement Document (BRD) and then translating into functional specifications and test plans. Closely coordinated with both business users and developers for arriving at a mutually acceptable solution.
· Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document to the project team.
· Used MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines and resources and collaborate on the project.
· Interacting with the developers on resolving the reported bugs and various technical issues.
· Assisted the QA team in designing the Test Plan and Test Cases for User Acceptance testing.
Skill Set: UML (Unified Modeling Language), Agile Methodology, Water Fall methodology, Risk Analysis,
Gap Analysis, Microsoft Visio, Enterprise Architect, Rational Rose, Oracle, Microsoft office suites (Word,
PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Pivot-tables, Outlook, Visio), MS SQL Server, SAS, Windows
Master of Business Administration | Internship in Operations Management,
UNIVERSITY OF WALES INSTITUTE, Newport, United Kingdom
Bachelors of Engineering in Computer Science Engineering | Internship at IBM,
UNIVERSITY OF MADRAS, Madras, India