LOUIE F. KAMMAN
14658 Gap Way #711
Haymarket, VA 20168
Independent Consultant with a total of over twenty years of experience: One
and a half years as team leader. Ten years of full life cycle development.
Three and a half years of Mainframe experience. Seventeen years of
client/server and/or web development experience. Three years of experience in
network administration. Six years of database and/or system administration
Currently possess a DOD secret level clearance and Security+ Certification
RELATED RECENT SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE
||Git Source Control
||SQL – PL/SQL & T-SQL
||MS SQL Server
||VBA & VBScript
|CGI & Perl
||SQL Reporting Services
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Pinnacle Systems, Inc., Gainesville, VA
June 1999 - Present
Defense Logistics Agency(DLA)/DOD
November 2005 – Present
- Corp-to Corp subcontractor as a Senior Web Developer/Project Lead
for a DLA project located in Springfield, Virginia.
- Responsible for developing web applications for use by DLA,
Department of Defense, and the major military branches.
- Responsible for database development (SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures,
Triggers, DTS Packages, SSIS) and administration for development
- Responsible for web application 508 Compliance.
- Lead developer for a web application to track facility maintenance,
sustainment and restoration costs for military bases.Data from this
application is used to develop the military and presidential budgets and
used in the decision making for base closings.
- Lead developer for a web application to track documents for the
agency’s EEO cases.
- Lead developer for the SLIM (Simple Login Interface Module)
security application and its web services, which web applications
throughout DLA use to secure their application.
- Lead developer for the Kitting SharePoint web application that
tracks military kits which DLA is the prime supplier.
- Lead developer for the HQ Directory SharePoint web application
which tracks agency personnel.
- Lead developer for the PETS web application which provides an
inventory tracking system of electronic devices used within the agency.
- Responsible for maintenance and support on various other DLA systems.
- Languages and tools used: HTML, CSS, Active Server Pages, .Net (1.1 - 3.5),
SQL Server (2000 & 2005), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS),
SharePoint, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Source Control/SourceSafe
and Git, Photoshop.
- Assisted junior developers with development and database process and
Informentum - EPA
September 2011 – Present
- Contractor as an Applications Developer for an Environmental
Protection Agency (EPA) project located in Washington, DC.
- Responsible for modernizing an EPA Grants reporting application written in
APEX (HTML DB)
- Responsible for developing a computer based training Lotus Notes
database/web application.Application was built as a general CBT
database where administrators could add their client’s training/quizzes
and exams into a Lotus Notes database and the client training could be
access via a web browser.
jQuery, and APEX.
Dfuse, Inc. – ACAP
February 2013 – September 2014
- Contractor as a Web Developer/UI Designer for the Army Career and
Alumni Program (ACAP) project.
- Responsible for adding new UI features to the ACAP Online system.
- Designed and Developed the UI for a new CBT (training) system used to
train new employees to the ACAP project.
2013, C#, .Net 4.5, MVC, Entity Framework, XML, Source Control/Git,
Azure Cloud, Axure, and Evolus Pencil.
Kalman and Company, Inc. – MAGTF/MC2SA
January 2011 – December 2011
- Corp-to-Corp subcontractor consultant for the Marine Air Ground Task
Force (MAGTF) Command and Control Systems and Applications (MC2SA)
project located in Quantico, Virginia.
- Project was to develop a cost estimating system to help in the budgeting
phase of each increment of the system development.
- I was the Subject matter expert for the system development and Service
Oriented Architecture aspects.
Netbytes, Inc. - Stabilization Agreement (SASMI Trust Fund)
August 2009 – June 2010
- Corp-to-Corp subcontractor as a Web Developer for a Sheet Metal
Trust Fund project located in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Responsible for maintaining the applications used for tracking
participant’s benefits in the sheet metal workers trust fund.
- Languages and tools used: HTML, CSS, ASP.Net 3.5, Visual Studio, C#,
Ajax, Oracle 9i, Oracle Forms, and C++.
Perot Government Systems
May 2007 – July 2007
- Consultant as a Web Developer for an Army project located in
- Responsible for maintaining an Army accounting web application.
- Languages and tools used: HTML, CSS, Active Server Pages (Classic),
America Online (AOL)
August 2004 – March 2006
- Subcontractor for an AOL project located in Dulles, Virginia.
- Major Roles:Oracle DBA, SQL Server DBA, and Developer.
- Responsible for datamarting of ecommerce data, using
Oracle, SQL Server, Microsoft Access and Crystal
- Responsible for installing and administering the ecommerce
department’s Oracle and SQL Server RDBMS, Crystal
- Developed Visual Basic code to retrieve data from various sources
(i.e. Spreadsheets, databases, websites, etc), loading databases and
developing Front Ends and reports.
- Installed, configured and developed ecommerce Reporting internal web site
to seamlessly integrate the department’s crystal reports and other
- Developed ecommerce reports using Crystal Reports.
- Responsible for developing and administering various secured MS Access
database systems used for ecommerce reporting.
- Languages and tools used: Active Server Pages, .NET,
Visual Studio, VB.NET, VBA, VBscript, Oracle, SQL Server,
CSS, MS Access, Crystal Reports XI, Crystal Enterprise XI, Visio,
- Gained E-Commerce knowledge.
US Army/Lockheed Martin
December 1998 – March 2004
- Corp-to-Corp subcontractor for a Lockheed Martin project.
- Senior Developer/IBM Informix DBA for the Army Global Command and
Control System (GCCS-A) development team.
- Responsible for team development of the Commander’s Force Analyzer (CFA),
Movement Planning and Execution (MPEX), and the Friendly (English and
Hangul versions) applications using PowerBuilder and IBM Informix.
CFA allows military personnel to view and/or edit, a force’s structure.
MPEX tracks transportation movement, and provides force movement
information. Friendly tracks the status of friendly units.
- Converted the CFA application from PowerBuilder to Java Swing
application also using EJB, Extensible Information Systems
(XIS),JUnit, Cactus and ANT. Front end, running on Windows
and back end, running on a Solaris server. Sun One Application
Server on Solaris server also used.
- Responsible for team development of the External Transaction Manager (ETM)
application, which supports processing all external transaction
(messaging, database, etc.) based input and output to/from the system,
using C++ on Solaris.
- Responsible for development of various Perl and Java scripts to
load and configure in-house and “off the shelf” (COTS/GOTS)
products running on Solaris platforms.
- Developed Perl scripts and configured the web server for the IBM
Informix Server Administrator (ISA), which is a web based IBM
Informix database server administration tool.
- Worked as an IBM Informix DBA. Responsible for the database
activities, replication, ON-Bar/ISM and ISA.
- Responsible for maintaining the project IIS web server.
- Maintained project’s website using FrontPage and ASP.
- Languages and tools used: PowerBuilder 6, IBM Informix database and
tools, C++/GNU, Perl, Java, EJB, Sun Workshop 5, Netscape Enterprise
Server, Rational Rose 98 modeling tool, PVCS/Dimensions
CM Tool, DII Common Operating Environment (DII COE) Installer,
Microsoft Systems Management Server(SMS) packaging, and Account
and Profile Management(APM).
ADI Technology Corporation
April 1998 – December 1998
- Consultant to The Maxim Group for a ADI Technology Corporation project
located in Alexandria & Crystal City, Virginia
- Responsible for assisting (developed the database access piece) in the
development of a Virtual Plant Assessment System (VPAS), which provides
and maintains a graphical information base of selected government
- Completed the development of the Navy’s attack sub configuration
management web site.
- Responsible for the setup & administration of ADI’s corporate IIS
- Responsible for the development of the Gray Box interface, a server
applicationthat performs front end order parsing of orders and
responses received from ADI’s, Xerox’s, and UPS’s in-house
- Responsible for the design/development of the licensing
control/security software used in in-house applications.
- Languages and tools used: Visual Basic 4.0 and 5.0, 3rd
party tools, Oracle 7, Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.0, Microsoft
SQL Server 6.5, Internet Information Server, Index Server, VeriSign
digital ID security, Install Shield, Wise Installation System.
Cincinnati Bell Information Systems, Cincinnati, Ohio & Reston, Virginia
November 1994 – April 1998
- Responsible for providing full life cycle system support to the Cincinnati
Bell Telephone, Rate Table system.
- Responsible for analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of
software programs to enhance and support the rate table and other telephone
- Team Leader for development and support of an object oriented CD-ROM
billing/call management application.
- Responsible for converting various Visual Basic applications from version 4.0
to 5.0 and/or 16-bit to 32-bit.
- Responsible for analyzing, specifying and converting PC and mainframe
applications for Y2K compliance.
- Responsible for development and support of various Lotus Notes
- Mainframe Languages: JCL, MVS COBOL, COBOL II, COBOL/370, CICS, IMS Batch,
IMS Online, ProTerm, and DB2.
- PC Languages used: Visual BASIC and 3rd party tools, Microsoft
Access, Micro Focus COBOL and Visual C++.
- Software packages used include ROSCOE, TSO, OS/2, OS/2 Warp, Windows,
MQSeries, Tuxedo, Direct Connect, Demo Shield, and Visual
- Gained programming knowledge and use of client/server architecture,
telephone billing systems and international/multi-language
- Team Leader for converting Online IMS Rate Table application to a GUI
- Researched and developed a center wide standard for developing a
client/server GUI application using Visual Basic and 3rd party
tools and MQSeries to connect to a mainframe IMS or DB2 database.
- Researching and developing Internet Web pages and applications using Visual
Basic 5 and Visual J++.
Hanover General Hospital, Hanover, Pennsylvania
July 1992 - November 1994
- Assist in system installation; trouble shooting, media design, future
planning and implementation of hospital’s and doctor office’s networks.
- UNIX and Novel NetWare Systems Administrator.
- Maintain and trouble shoot Hospital's main computer LAN/WAN and
its equipment/peripheral devices.
- Responsible for proposing, designing and implementing Personal Computer
Local Area Networks.
- Responsible for the recommendation, purchase and implementation of
software, personal computers, and LAN/WAN equipment for the hospital and
associated doctor offices.
- Design, program, and implement new software for use on personal or
- Programming in Pascal, C, C++, PC COBOL, Realia COBOL, dBase and
- Gained Object Oriented Programming knowledge.
- Designed the training classes used for training hospital’s and
doctor office’s personnel.
- Instruct hospital and doctor office personnel on the use of
personal computers and various software packages.
- Use of DEC equipment (VAX 6320 system), AS400 systems, and various
personal computer systems.
- Supervise and coordinate Information Service's interns.
RELATED VOLUNTEER WORK
Capital Area .Net User Group – Leadership member (Sponsorship Coordinator) –
Responsible for organizing and recruiting corporate sponsors for monthly meetings
and to generate user group funding. Responsible for coordinating the monthly
meeting’s door prizes, raffles, and giveaways.
NoVa Code Camp – Event Co-leader – Responsible for organizing volunteers,
sponsors, speakers and attendees for making the day of the event run smoothly
Toastmasters – Working toward my Competent Leader award and Competent Speaker
award. Officer positions held: Sergeant At Arms and Treasurer.
Prince William Regional Chamber of Commerce - Active Member.
Local Users Groups - Active Member in Capital Area .Net, OWASP, DC
Alt.Net, Capital Area SharePoint SIG, and various others.
Fireside Church – Responsible for church's information system.Designed
Quest Church – Install and maintain the church IT systems (hardware,
software, and network). Responsible for church's Podcasts. Developed
internal applications (ASP.Net/C# - Children Check In/Attendance/Security
Web Application, Microsoft Outlook – Membership Tracking Application).
Manassas St. Thomas UM Church – Install and maintain the church IT
systems (hardware, software, network, & phone).Designed and developed
the church’s websites (HTML, PHP & Miva Scripting).
Prince William County American Red Cross – Past team leader for the
county’s Red Cross Disaster Action Team (DAT). Responsible for
organizing and leading DAT teams during disaster operations.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
DeVry Institute of Technology, Columbus, Ohio
Graduated June 1992