Robert Cunha. 2 Lakeview Drive, Lynnfield, MA 01940. 617-678-4928. firstname.lastname@example.org . www.myrcsolutions.com
Seeking a permanent position utilizing my business analysis and project manager consulting experience in a managerial capacity.
Summary of qualifications
· Mentoring business systems analysts by providing guidance on effective methods for requirements gathering, documentation, requirements work planning, and working with business stakeholders.
· Managing business analysts on projects including resource allocation and planning business analysis related tasks and deliverables.
· Providing business systems analysis training in both formal and informal settings.
· Understanding best practices for performing requirements analysis and documentation including:
o Using methodologies such as waterfall, agile, RUP and hybrid approaches.
o Techniques for effective requirements identification and analysis.
o Building relationships with business owners and stakeholders to produce effective working relationships and project commitment.
o Working effectively with various IT functions, such as data warehouse/business intelligence, technical architecture, software development and operational support.
o Working with executive management to understand business objectives and goals in order to produce solutions to meet the business needs.
· Project planning and requirements management planning.
· Ability to work with and manage 3rd party vendors/consultants ensuring quality deliverables.
· Applications and Tools: EAI, SQL, Facets, BusinessObjects, ACT!, Visio, Rational, Agile, Use
Cases, Data Warehouse, Sharepoint, medical claims processing, marketing fulfillment, health care,
· Business Analyst for building an Other Party Liability application using an agile development process with an offshore development team. The new application resulted in reducing claim payments by $1.5 million annually.
· Planned, managed, and defined requirements for a Health Risk Assessment (HRA) project resulting in increasing the completion rate from 11% to 45% producing an annual savings of $1.3 million.
· Planned, managed, and defined requirements for a RFP and implementation process for a marketing fulfillment project where selecting a new vendor resulted in an annual savings of $500,000.
(Note: all employment listed has been as a consultant)
Senior Whole Health (Healthcare) 10/09 to Present
· Project manager for the selection of a Care Management software application. Managed the vendor evaluation and selection process including identifying functional requirements, developing a RFP, and planned the activities for vendor presentations, software evaluation and vendor selection.
· Business analyst and project manager for a Lead Tracking application, designed to track the cycle from identifying potential members to member enrollment. Identified and documented requirements for a new application to replace a manual system, resulting in improved business process efficiency, and better management reporting. Established project plans and managed a team of consultants who developed the application using ACT!
· Trained and mentored junior business analysts at SWH resulting in improved performance for identifying and documenting functional requirements.
Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (Healthcare) 12/05 to 8/09
· Business analyst for developing an Other Party Liability application using an agile development process with an offshore development team. Defined requirements and managed the delivery of the application, which was delivered on-time and within budget. Developed test strategy and test plans. The new application resulted in reducing claim payments by $1.5 million annually.
· Project manager for a Health Risk Assessment (HRA) project with a business goal of increasing the HRA completion rate by members in order to achieve financial savings. Obtained an increase in the completion rate from 11% to 45% resulting in an annual savings of $1.3 million. Responsible for planning, monitoring and developing initiatives to increase HRA participation, including working with an outside vendor for administrating member contact to complete the HRA.
· Project manager for a fulfillment vendor selection process, including developing project plans, defining requirements, developing the RFP document, and managing the evaluation and selection process. New vendor selection expected to realize an annual savings of $500,000.
· Project manager for the vendor selection process for a new Medical Care Management application. Developed the process for evaluating and selecting a vendor. Directed the vendor evaluation team including defining team roles and responsibilities. Developed the RFP document, defined requirements, established vendor selection criteria and developed project plans.
· Project manager for the implementation of STARSentinel, an overpayment and fraud protection software application.
Fidelity Investments (Financial) 03/08 to 10/08
(Note: project was done in parallel with assignment at BMCHP)
· Project Manager for the PPM (Portfolio and Program Management) project, which involved the implementation of a methodology to initiate, gain approval, and implement programs and projects. Implementation of this methodology allowed Fidelity to improve their process for justifying, selecting, and funding projects.
· Responsibilities included developing and monitoring project plans for roll-out of the methodology including: training scheduling and logistics, communications, web enhancements, and obtaining feedback on the effectiveness of the methodology.
Risk Management Foundation (Insurance) 5/05 to 11/05
· Risk Management Foundation provides medical malpractice insurance. Business analyst for a data mart project to improve the method for creating ad hoc reports, where the reporting tool was BusinessObjects.
· Developed a gap analysis citing the gap between reporting needs and the current data mart configuration.
· Designed data views and a new user interface allowing users to more easily navigate and select data for creating reports.
Dentaquest (Healthcare) 10/04 to 4/05
· Dentaquest is a leading national administrator of dental benefits. Project manager for a large system integration project where separate business services and applications were integrated, which included member and provider conversions, new business process mapping, and functional enhancements to the dental administration and financial systems.
· Developed project plans, tracked project progress, adjusted the plan as needed and taking appropriate corrective action to address plan variances.
· Identified project risks and developed mitigation actions.
· Project completed on-time and within budget.
Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan (Healthcare) 3/02 to 7/04
· Performed business analysis and project management duties for several healthcare related projects. As the project manager and business analyst, developed business requirements and functional specifications for interfaces to Facets (medical management application), and a claims audit application. Developed project plans and managed the audit project, which was developed by an offshore vendor.
· Developed workflows for business process improvement (automated and manual) for the membership department and claims resolution unit.
· Participated in developing IT infrastructure processes for project initiation and methodologies for system development.
Genuity (Telecommunications) 6/00 to 1/02
· Project Manager/Business Systems Analyst for Genuity’s EAI (Enterprise Application Integration) program, involving the data integration of several Genuity applications (Siebel, Cygent, etc.) utilizing Vitria’s BusinessWare databus.
· Developed and managed the project plan for software development and implementation.
· Managed the work efforts between EAI team, Genuity application support teams, software vendors, and external consultants.
· Performed business systems analysis tasks including developing business requirements for the EAI program and for Genuity’s web based DSL order management and provisioning systems.
The MSP Group (Marketing) 10/99 to 5/00
· The MSP Group provides various services relating to direct marketing, order fulfillment, telemarketing, and marketing campaign management. Performed a dual role of project manager and business systems analyst for a telemarketing/order fulfillment client-server application designed to capture subscriber information and produce order fulfillment for MSP clients.
· Managed the analysis, development, testing, and implementation of the software.
· Developed the project plan, performed a gap analysis to identify the missing features of the software, and developed test plans.
Private Healthcare Systems (Healthcare) 1/99 to 9/99
· Private Healthcare Systems supplies provider networks and medical management services to clients (insurance companies and large self-insurers). Clients submit data files to PHCS containing the carrier’s subscriber and member information.
· Worked on projects where data integrity problems existed requiring the analysis of data content, business rules and requirements. Performed data analysis to identify the scope of problems, impact to the business, and provided alternative solutions and recommendations.
· Prepared business requirements document for a document management system. Worked with external vendor to configure documentation management software to meet business needs.
· Provided recommendations for system development methodology improvements.
Epsilon (Marketing) 9/98 to 12/98
· Developed business and functional requirements documents for a client utilizing Epsilon’s marketing campaign management software.
Private Healthcare Systems (Healthcare) 8/97 to 9/98
· Developed business requirements and functional design documents for data conversions from the legacy systems to Facets; and an automated process for generating and mailing medical management letters to providers and members.
University of Texas, Arlington TX – MBA, Management Information Systems
University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, BBA Marketing
Member of Project Management Institute currently working towards PMP certification.
Instructor for the Business Analyst Certificate program at Boston University Corporate Education.
Keywords: resume, project manager, business analyst, business systems analyst, contractor, consultant, business requirements, functional requirements, agile, iterative, gap analysis, requirements, agile, iterative, gap analysis, business analyst mentor, business analyst trainer, business analyst as a carreer
Additional Contact information is available on the Information Page.
Software Contractors' Guild (www.scguild.com)
Copyright(c) 1995 - 2010 Robert Cunha and Software Contractors' Guild