Location: Birmingham, AL (downtown)
Duration: 2 year contract (we sit onsite for this customer)
This posting is for a contract Software Developer located in Birmingham, Alabama. The position will be filled in the Commercial Operations and Services Portfolio supporting the Company's Commercial Operations and Services business.
This position is responsible for software application support, development, and technical expertise in support of Financial and Contract Services. Financial and Contract Services focuses on wholesale energy including interchanges, purchases, sales, and transmission contracts and is critical to long term business products. The successful candidate ensures systems are maintained and operated to attain highly accurate and dependable business results.
The primary responsibilities include providing primary technical support for several applications (desktop, web applications, and web services). Support tasks include working with business partners to identify and implement technical solutions. The successful candidate must not only have a strong technical background and excellent communication skills, but the desire to learn Financial and Contract Services business concepts and processes.
Job Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business, or related degree
- Relevant experience designing, developing, testing, implementing, integrating, and supporting applications (desktop, web applications, and web services)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of on the job experience with C#, C++, .NET Framework 4.0 or higher, BizTalk, Oracle WebLogic 11 or higher, Visual Studio 2010 or higher
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with relational databases SQL Server 2014, Oracle, and Sybase 12 or higher
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong all around development and technical skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and application domains. Knowledge of financial applications and energy concepts is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration SCM and Continuous Delivery is a plus.
- Experience with TeamCity, Microsoft Release Management Server, and ThoughtWorks Go is a plus.
- Ability to take direction and work as a member of a small team; overall excellent teamwork skills; experience participating as a member of an Agile team is a big plus.
- Strong communication skills including ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders at an appropriate level of detail; working knowledge of the UML.
- Solid understanding of source control and change management
- Directly supports Key Financial Applications so limited after hours and weekend support is occasionally necessary
- Limited travel -
For immediate consideration, please forward all resumes to (see below)
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognitions by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. Recently named the Best Place to Work in Atlanta by the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals for over 10 years. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website.
Synergis is an Equal Opportunity employer.