Software Validation Engineer (Automotive) - CONTRACT
Summary of the Software Validation Engineer (Automotive)
A client of ours in Michigan is a market leader in developing next generation vehicle technologies for powertrain, hybrid, stability controls, and other related systems. They're currently looking for a Software Validation Engineer (Automotive) to plan, execute and record software testing activities for production software and in-house test applications. This is an opportunity to be a key player at a company with a great reputation in automotive technology and growing business. They offer a great long-term opportunity in a true team environment. In this role you will be working on low level driver software for various powertrain control modules, such as engine, transmission and hybrid inverter modules. If you have experience with electronic control systems and test plan development and test schedules, then this position is well suited to you.
This is an open contract position, with the possibility of going direct later.
Responsibilities of the Software Validation Engineer (Automotive)
- Collaborate with Software design team for software development life cycle validation.
- Analyze software requirement, develop test plans, test schedules and test specifications.
- Work on test cases and generate test report.
- Participate in Software Engineering Process Group (SEPG) to support software process development with CMMI, TS16949, and ISO26262.
- Write and record process manuals, training modules and deploy the processes.
- Organize process training and internal process audits.
- Supervise and report overall validation project status to project stakeholders.
- Document test environments, test cases and test procedures, tools, and equipment necessary to test software function and performance.
- Deploy complete requirements traceability and insure full test coverage.
- Maintain a test case library to support test case re-use and highly efficient test execution.
- Generate tool scripts for automating test cases.
- Track software failures in the validation issue list on the team collaboration site.
- Configure, design, implement and maintenance on automation test scripts (HIL test).
Qualifications of the Software Validation Engineer (Automotive)
- BS in EE/CE or related stream
- Strong work experience in programming languages such as assembly, C, C++, Python or other high level languages.
- Atleast 3 years of experience with automotive development process and electronic control systems.
- Experience with design specifications and detailed software documentation.
- Experience with transfer case control module (TCCM) and active suspension controllers will be a plus
- Experience in API, GUI development
- Experience with NXP PowerPC (MPC56xx/57xx) and Infineon Aurix (TC2xx) microprocessors.
- Strong knowledge of Embedded software design at the Microprocessor register level.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and vehicle powertrain systems including powertrain control modules, sensors and actuators is required.
- Technical know how about ANSI-C compiler, Assembler, linker, makefiles, and related software build tool chain components.
- Knowledge of version control tools such as PVCS, CVS, SVN, CM Synergy, Rational ClearCase, etc.
- Well versed with utilizing software debuggers to execute and debug software sing techniques such as breakpoints, watch windows, and program trace.
- Ability to reprogram Flash memory with debug interfaces such as (Nexus, JTAG, DAP.
- Experience working with measurement & test equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, current probes, function generators, serial communication tools such as CANalyzer or VehicleSpy.
- Knowledge of low level drivers such as ADC, PWM, GPIO, timer modules, SPI, SCI, LIN, CAN, SENT, DMA, external bus interfaces, memory management units, ECC, Flash memory, etc.
- Knowledge of ETAS or ATI calibration tools, Real Time operating systems (RTOS), interrupt service routines, exception handlers, task scheduling, and multi-core CPU operation.
- Knowledge of debuggers and emulation tools, CAN interface tools and other serial communication interfaces.
- Knowledge of automotive component and vehicle test procedures, including EMI/EMC testing.
- Experience with software validation process including Test Scenarios, Validation techniques and Test Procedures.
- Experience in tracking and reporting design changes.
Compensation of the Software Validation Engineer (Automotive)
Salary Range: $37-46/hour
Location: Detroit Area
Travel: As required to customer sites or interstate or international
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: Subject to review
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Validation, testing, "low level driver", "control module", "engine control modules", ECM, " transmission control modules", TCM, "hybrid inverter module", "ransfer case control module", TCCM, " active suspension controller", life cycle, "life cycle", requirement, "test plan", "test schedule", "test specifications", "test cases", CMMI, TS16949, 16949, ISO26262, 26262, Embedded, "software design", Microprocessor, "electrical circuits", "electrical circuit", powertrain system", "control modules", ANSI-C, compiler, Assembler, linker, makefiles, PVCS, CVS, SVN, "CM Synergy", "Rational ClearCase", breakpoints, "Watch windows", "program trace", Nexus, JTAG, DAP, oscilloscopes, "digital multi-meters", "current probes", "function generator", "CANalyzer", VehicleSpy, "automotive development", "electronic control systems", ADC, PWM, GPIO, "timer module", SPI, SCI, LIN, CAN, SENT, DMA, ECC, ",Flash memory", ETAS, ATI, RTOS, "Real Time operating systems", "interrupt service routine", "exception handler", CPU, INCA, "ASAP display table measurements"programming, C+,Python, assembly, API, GUI, "NXP PowerPC (MPC56xx/57xx)"Infineon Aurix (TC2xx)", "debugger", "emulation tool", EMI, EMC, "Test Procedures"