Job Page: BA in financial services, credit card or other highly regulated industry
The Business Analyst will manage all activities related to conducting preliminary cost/benefit analysis, needs assessments, and business requirements analysis in an effort to align business needs with solutions on the business initiatives. Will conduct detailed enterprise analysis in order to support requests that require pricing/quote for vendors or internal build that will be transitioned to internal partners and execution/solution teams. May work on process analysis and mapping for nontechnical improvement projects. Will be regularly engaged in large complex, strategic initiatives and stretch assignments, and will ensure business architecture governance is addressed in all organizational requests. Ability to discern critical information and drive context with little information provided.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads detailed business requirement elicitation and documentation to support Retail Imperatives, Tactical, Compliance, Legal or Information Security and Client enhancement project requests to ensure successful execution of projects Coordinates with the business, consultants, vendors and internal technology teams to drive and document the completion of scorecards, estimation and business cases to communicate short and long-term solution needs, success metrics, objectives, cost and development estimates and build or buy decisions
- Works with external clients to understand unique business needs and requirements as driven as part of client on-boarding process
- Works with internal and external technology partners to ensure Functional and Design efforts meet the business needs; Ensures projects meet the needs of the users and that quality and resource commitments are met
- Additionally, serves as liaison between the business community and execution or technical team members to ensure that its needs are fully understood by the project team
- Fosters and coordinates communication across multiple work streams and projects
- 3+ years of experience as a BA/BSA/PM or equivalent
- Experience working in financial services, credit card or other highly regulated industry
- Undergraduate degree, college diploma or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the BABOK® Guide
- Waterfall and Agile project experience translating customer needs into business requirements preferred
- Experience with PC based tools and products including but not limited to MS Office and MS Visio
- Strong Analytical, problem-solving and basic project management skills in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of the New Business process and Business Development Lifecycle preferred
- 1 to 2 years of supervisory experience preferred Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand, create and manage the basic tools (i.e. process maps / flows, rules matrices, mockups etc.) and advanced tools and techniques of business analysis (i.e. data matrices, contextual level data diagrams, system interface diagrams etc.)
- Ability to evaluate details and develop a full understanding of business requirements, impacts and potential issues across various processes, departments, products and lines of business
- Ability to document detailed business requirements and supporting documentation into standardized tools and templates (Includes: Stakeholder analysis, Business rules analysis, Data analysis, Decision analysis, and Costs benefit analysis)
- Comfortable in interacting with senior leadership not only internal to Business but across the organization, with external partners and in client facing situations; Manages the expectations of business owners, subject matter experts and key stakeholders
- Understands and adheres to the established documentation quality standards for our businesses and clients.
- Review and develop analysis of the Business inclusive of process improvement.
- Ability to prioritize workload based on business needs for self and others.
- Introductory Knowledge of technology structures: networks, data base, communications, internet and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical groups, both internal and external.
- Will serve as a mentor to other BA’s
- Analytical skills for problem solving and ability to think creatively for solutions/ideas.
- Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy.
- Strong listening skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills enabling efficient communication and collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
Job number: 108719, Company id: 70107|
The Legal Disclaimer.