Windows desktop developer - Winforms and WCF.
In NYC responsible for implementing client and technology sponsored changes. These changes will vary in size from small tactical fixes to larger, system wide enhancements. The candidate must be happy working closely with the client to gather requirements and discuss potential solutions. They will be expected to assist with the analysis and design of solutions and test their changes. In addition to development responsibilities L3 support will be required. One year project at $80hr-$100hr, 1099 preferred-personally incorporated
Application written in C# as a three tier application and uses Sql Server for its database.
Duties & accountabilities
Development - Development of the application in accordance with the application's roadmap, design patterns, standards and business vision of the division. Assistance with analysis and requirements definition, solution design, coding of changes and writing of unit tests to ensure changes match both functional and non-functional requirements.
Client Integration - Work with sales and business analysis team to facilitate deployment and integration of newly on-boarded clients.
Support - Although we have a dedicated support team, the development team is responsible for resolving issues escalated to them by the support team. This involves being available (on a rota basis) for escalations overnight and at weekends.
Continuous Delivery - Assist with the team's vision of moving towards a continuous delivery methodology through implementation of automated units test, and contribution towards the industrialization of our build and deployment processes.
Technical Vision - Contribute to the evolving long term technical road map for the platform ensuring that the technical solutions and patterns within the application remain current and that we are constantly improving the quality and ease of delivery. Proactively engage in efforts to reduce technical debt and the remediation of issues related to code quality, functional behaviour, and performance.
Education and experience
- Commercial experience of building or maintaining a swap platform within a software house, hedge fund or banking environment or commercial non-swap experience within a financial services organization
- Computer Science degree preferred but commercial experience deemed more relevant
- Detailed understanding of C# including Remoting, WCF, and WinForms. Ideally experience of .NET 4.0
- Detailed understanding of Transact-SQL preferably using SQL Server. Including creation of tables, indexes and stored procedures
- Excellent understanding of OO concepts and 3 tier applications
- Commercial experience performance tuning .NET applications and SQL
- Experience of either: Agile, Spiral, Waterfall or Iterative development methodologies
- Experience of Continuous Integration tools (preferably TeamCity) and code analytic tools.
- Ideally has experience of HTML5 and RESTful API's
- Ideally has good implementation knowledge of Windows or Linux operating systems and networks