salah Kazi, Digital IC (ASIC/VLSI) engineer; MSEE with 4 years experience
Availability Date: 09/10/2002
2705 Homestead Road Apt # 9
Santa Clara CA USA 95051
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Willing to work over the internet
- Additional Contract Information:
Attention: Human resources manager / Engineering manager,
I am applying for the Hardware Engineer position in the field of Digital
ASIC/FPGA design Engineering or Applications Engineering. I am
considering both permanent and contract positions.
I have a Master's degree (MSEE) in Electrical Engineering and my industry
experience includes four years of Digital ASIC Design Engineering and one
year of Applications Engineering.
My engineering experience, in DSP and Video products, includes working on
various stages of the design flow and performing functions such as RTL
logic design using Verilog; design verification; FPGA design; Dynamic
timing analysis using TimeMill; Test pattern generation using Tetramax;
PCB design. As an FAE, I managed customers in the Asia pacific region and
managed and resolved customer issues using video encoding ASIC.
I am a Canadian resident and my Canadian Citizenship application has been filed.
I am willing to relocate and I can be reached at (416) 716-5634 (Cell) or
(416) 291-1078 or email@example.com.
Salahuddin (Salah) Kazi
100 Gristone Crescent, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M1X 1T6
(416) 716-5634 (Cell), (416) 291-1078, firstname.lastname@example.org
To work as a Digital ASIC/FPGA Design Engineer or Applications Engineer
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Master of Science in Electrical Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
* Four years of experience in ASIC Design and one year in Applications Engineering
* Worked on ASIC, FPGA and RISC based design using Verilog and VHDL
* Expertise in Cadence and Synopsys tools like Verilog, TimeMill and Tetramax
* Experience with Video and DSP products
* Knowledge of programming in C language and using PERL scripts
* Debugged design for timing failures and test vector failures
* Used test and measurement equipment like ATE, Logic analyzer and Oscilloscope
* Managed customers and resolved technical issues
Application Software (UNIX Environment)
Verilog HDL, Viewlogic VHDL, Verilog-XL, TimeMill, PathMill, Tetramax,
ALTERA MAX+II, OrCAD, HSPICE
Logic analyzer, Oscilloscope, Agilent SC93000 ATE, Teradyne Tiger ATE
ViXS Systems, Toronto, 2006 to 2007
Applications Engineer -- ASIC
ATI Technologies, Toronto, 2005 to 2006
ATE Test Technologist (Contract)
Software Associates, Atlanta, 2003 to 2004
Agere Systems, Atlanta, 2000 to 2002
Digital Design Engineer
Fairchild Semiconductor, San Diego, 1998 to 2000
ASIC Design Engineer
Design – Digital ASIC
* Debugged timing issues after configuring TimeMill and performing dynamic
timing analysis on top gate level netlist of DSP processor
* Generated ATPG vectors in Tetramax and debugged functional test failures
* Verified Verilog cell library against SPICE library and reported discrepancies
* Analyzed and reported power consumption of the chip using PowerMill
* Designed and coded RTL logic of Remote 8-bit I/O expander for I2C bus
using Verilog HDL and developed testbench for verification using Verilog-XL
* Synthesized Verilog design using Make files and Synopsys tools
* Verified the isophase mode of Video decoder and determined the offset limits
Design – FPGA
* Designed FPGA error counter and entered schematic using ALTERA MAX+II tools
* Verified design using built-in MAX+II tools
* Managed ViXS customers in Asia, provided technical support and assisted them
in integrating Video Processor ASIC in their PCI/PCIe systems
* Assisted customers in the development and debugging of boards designed for
video compression by encoding and transcoding
* Debugged issues with customer PCB boards
* Developed Application notes and test procedures
* Educated customers using ViXS products for MPEG2, MPEG4 and AVC processing
* Coordinated with the firmware and driver development te
Willing to Relocate
Work Offsite ONLY
Years of experience: 4
List of Skill sets: (premium service)
Acceptable Contract arrangements:
I do use contract agents/recruiters.
I am an Independent Corporation.
I am a Limited Liability Company (LLC).
I use an Umbrella company as employer of record.
I am an Independent Sole Proprietor (1099).
I can be an Employee of an Agent (W2).
I can be convertible to Employee of Client.
I am also looking for part-time work.
I will also bid fixed price work.
Member number: 7645, since: 09/10/2002 |
Last Updated: 01/30/2008 Last Login: 01/30/2008
Current Membership Status: Listed
Premium Membership expires: 09/10/2002 (EXPIRED)
Listing will be deleted: 01/30/2010 (2 yrs after last update)
The Legal Disclaimer.
To pay dues to qualify for premium services, log in at the top of this page.|